Corsair Community

LS100 Video Lighting Stops working

Update, My roll back to previous NVIDIA driver has now yielded same issue. Ambient video icue profile freezes randomly. Still running rolled back video drivers. Don't know if adding Nvidia geforce experience contributed.

Def something has changed. My setup has been working flawlessly for several months and now problems + multi reports from other similar problems.

What's up Corsair? Can you give us an update if you are seeing a problem and status of possible fix?

Thanks,

Louis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update, My roll back to previous NVIDIA driver has now yielded same issue. Ambient video icue profile freezes randomly. Still running rolled back video drivers. Don't know if adding Nvidia geforce experience contributed.

Def something has changed. My setup has been working flawlessly for several months and now problems + multi reports from other similar problems.

What's up Corsair? Can you give us an update if you are seeing a problem and status of possible fix?

Thanks,

Louis

I posted about a similar problem here - got no answers. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193908

Summary: Geforce Experience recently removed(?) it's iCue exclusions, so it's overlay etc. interfere with iCue UI and seems to result in crashes when trying to run a game at the same time etc. On the Nvidia forums I saw that Wallpaper Engine had the same problem.

Edited by rascaluk

Thanks,

Louis

That sucks! I received my RMA unit and still having the same issues. Definitely software issue.

Would be great to get some feedback from Corsair. Dove into this $160+ product based on the Corsair name being behind it. Feeling let down and in the dark .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's possible that i found a workaround to this bug.

I tried several ways to stop the ls100 from freezing -(gsync off, icue reinstall...), but i saw that it everytime freezes when windows10 changed the (automatic) accent color. I turned it off and since then i had never any freezes! Maybe its something other too but for me, it looks like it works.

• 2 weeks later...
It's possible that i found a workaround to this bug.

I tried several ways to stop the ls100 from freezing -(gsync off, icue reinstall...), but i saw that it everytime freezes when windows10 changed the (automatic) accent color. I turned it off and since then i had never any freezes! Maybe its something other too but for me, it looks like it works.

Hey, how has performance been after you made that tweak? Still kept gsync off?

Any stuttering even though it reports high FPS?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, the issue persist? The ls100 strips was working with video sync peferctly fine until yesterday.

It stucks at the wallpaper colors. It works sometimes, when it wants. I was playing yesterday and at somepoint, it recognizes the full screen and starts working. I have the g-sync powered on always, even in the desktop. Deactivated the automatic tiles changing colors, and the problem still there.

My monitor is a Dell S2417DG @165Hz G-Sync

Last icue version 3.28.70

Last Nvidia drivers 445.87

One question anyway, the SDK have to be activated or deactivated?

Here I upload my cfg and registry, in case it can helps. I´m pretty sure that it should be an icue software problem. Could any admins update about it?

Regards and thank you!

icue problems.zip

Edited by Deok

• 1 month later...

hello

I use this post just not to open another one

I´m a corsair fan since ever but I´m very disappointed by the rgb eco system.

I never bought rgb stuff before and maybe I should have kept my old black and white hardware style so you don´t get any of this stupid sync/lag/ rgb problems.

I have a lag/flickering problem with my ram sticks on the "rain" effect, I posted here and nobody from corsair even tried to reply or suggest a solution.

Today I woke up I sat in front of the monitor with my cofee and i realized that my ls100 "ambient light" effect is not working anymore.

The led bars are off. I think the led bars are not broken because all other effects work as usual.

it´s just the ambient light mode. it´s not working even with static full screen images and games (far cry new dawn)

the bars are not stuck on a color. when I select "ambient light" they simply turn off.

I don´t experct enyone from corsair to pay attention to their customer but may anyone is experiencing the same issue or has found a solution?

Thank you in advance

Has anyone experienced issues with Video lighting where it stops working ? I have to either force it offline (via force firmware upgrade) or deleting the lighting channel and re-adding.

I attached a screenshot on i currently have this configured.

hi. my ls100 video lighting stopped working some days ago.

no way to have it back, i tried restarting the service, restarting windows, re installing icue, no way.

today also my sp rgb pro fans stopped working. they got stuck on rainbow, no other effect was working.

I was so sick of all these issues... and quite upset.

so i removed icue again and re installed the OLD icue version 3.20.80 and

it worked. now my ambient lighting and fans work again.

I hope to be useful in solving your problem.

this forum is damn dead. people is even advertising sex massages, over here, and nobody is removing the posts...

I don´t think someone from corsair is going to help us because probably they don´t know how to solve all these issues....

Edited by zultan

• 4 weeks later...

Experiencing the same issue and have only been using the product for just under 30 days now. Video link below for reference:

https://streamable.com/4mbw1q

Put in a ticket and hoping for a resolution soon. Just a pain to RMA because mounting it took quite a bit of effort.

Giving this help article a try and will test the lighting effect again after to see what happens.

Perform a clean reinstallation of the Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE)

Only temporary fix I have found to reset them is re seating the connected strip from the Lighting Channel otherwise it won't respond like others have described.

I seem to have the same issue as mentioned in this thread. Had the LS100 set for a few weeks, then one strip stopped working no matter how I set the whole system up. Sent off for a swap and the new ones are doing the same thing - now 2 strips are not working.

Perhaps it's a hardware issue? Has anyone found any other fixes? Total shame considering the price

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, got the same issue . Iam using the Ultra wide settings but it Freezes to the background color. In video mode it does nothing.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? or do we have to wait for a future update to Icue so it will work again?

Just bought my kit few days ago and already have many problem with the Video mode :(

I already tried to Contact Corsair but didnt get any responses.

Hopefully they will fix it soon

Edited by Spymike

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Experiencing what I believe are the same issues.

After an amount of time the LS100 video lighting mode will freeze. Viewing in iCUE will show the strips frozen in a video lighting type configuration and no longer responding to screen changes.

As a quick note I can recover from this by selecting a different light channel option such as audio mode and then selecting video mode again.

Viewing log files in the appdata local folder for Corsair shows the below.

2020-11-10T14:30:14 I cue.screen_capture.impl_win32: Restarting screen capture because ScreenCapture::GetLastError() is: ScreenCapture::ErrorCode("DisplayAccessLost")

2020-11-10T14:30:14 C cue.screen_capture.impl_win32: Failed to start screen capture routine

My understanding of how this software works is that it periodically takes a screen capture, runs a routine to capture colour around the perimeter of the capture and then programs the LS100 led strips to display these values.

It appears that this capture capability is failing for some reason and unable to recover.

I am using a the default single monitor mode, I do use the native Windows 10 virtual desktops a lot and switch in and out of games a lot.

Realistically if I can soft restart the video lighting option as described above (and it has so far been 100% successful at resolving the issue) then I feel Corsair should just sort this issue in there software regardless of the root cause.

Feel free to let me know if any other information is needed.

Bought mine yesterday. Worked fine out of the box. Looked great. Today it doesnt work at all. Tried restarting iCue, tried to force firmware update, changing the settings... nothing works. I cant get video lighting to work anymore....

Massively disappointed

update: uninstalled icue and all settings completely and then reinstalled and now it seems to work again... lets see for how long...

Edited by TheSylver

My LS100 starter strip came in today and after installing it, I encountered several problems and bugs with iCue. 1) my existing loaded profiles did not load LS100 lighting effects, I had to delete the profiles and imported again for the lighting effects to load. 2) video lighting straight up did not work at all. I tried several videos, wallpapers, etc. and the strip did not light up. Other functions such as lighting effects, audio visualizer works fine. Any idea?

• 4 weeks later...

Been looking for a fix for the freezing as well and have come up with a solution for my particular problem.

First, my problem was UAC causing the video lighting to freeze.

soft fix like another user posted was just to change to a different effect and back.

after digging a bit and being annoyed with having to "fix" it every time I wanted to play a game and UAC popped up (not willing to turn it off), I simply turned the UAC down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=39776&d=1607570027

possible that windows is blocking screenshots during this dimming and causing errors with icue.

This helped me, I hope it can help someone else.