Corsair Community

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 RAM compatibility with ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero

javashkhan786

Hi everyone,

I am new to the community and this is my first post. I bought my setup about 6 months ago and cannot get my RAM to run at its proper speeds. I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero motherboard with 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 RAM. Unfortunately I didn't know how finicky this chipset is with RAM and I didn't check the compatibility list (My RAM is not listed). The BIOS automatically defaults to 2133 MHz speed and I've tried changing the speed to 3200 MHz. Is there anybody who could help me out with this? I am not familiar with changing RAM settings. Thanks in advance!

Generally speaking you should consult the motherboard memory QVL before buying, this is by no means a guarantee but buying whats on the QVL will oft save you some real frustration. However most of us never do :)

Your seeing JEDEC default speeds, which is normal, until you make the changes for the memory to OC beyond those speeds.

Steps I would take:

- Update BIOS if it is not the latest one, often memory stability are fixes included in updates.

- Make sure you load optimized defaults, save and reboot, and if you can, clear the CMOS before hand.

- Once you boot fresh and clean, go into BIOS set the memory to use XMP.

- Make sure you make all required changes, since you will have lost all your custom settings.

Start there and see how is goes. Consult your manual with regards to setting memory in your BIOS, as each board is often different then the next, we wouldn't want consistency now would we.