Corsair Community

K70 Spacebar Stabilizer problem

Yakisoba

I'm having an interesting problem with my Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard. Out of the box, the spacebar seems to be fairly "loose". I do not type heavily, however when any region slightly off the middle of the key is deeply pressed with normal force, it seems the Cherry stabilizer connection underneath pulls on the opposite connection, causing the spacebar to "pop" off and/or become lopsided. I am fairly new to mechanical keyboards, and have never had something like this happen to me with rubber domes I'ves used in the past (of course). Obviously, this isn't much of an issue; I just aim my key presses for the middle. But I still feel the mechanics underneath are a tad flimsy for what I spent on this keyboard.

I've researched the problem before, and I've not come up with any real answers. All 3 insertions on the key itself look completely fine (no cracks, and with this being a new keyboard, certainly no wear), as do the Cherry "+" heads on the underlying keyboard.

At this point, I'm lost as to what I can do to keep the left and right connections staying put. Do I have any options to modify these, or is there a way I can perhaps make them more solid?

• 5 years later...
I have found this to be a a problem with all the stabilizations on the cherry type keyboards .... try putting the orings to the point where it will not wobble .... i find the quality of peripherals that are coming out for the pc be of the crappiest quality possible...... like someone said on this forum ..... China quality.... what would you expect..... thanks to corporate greed nothing is of good quality anymore .....