Corsair Community

Commander Pro not recognised

Trou.be

Hi Everyone,

I'm deseparated!

I just build a new config with a lot of Corsair products (so they will "communicate" easily) and most of the parts are not working (especially the CommanderPro which commands nearly everything)

Here is my config:

• H115i Platinimim: working smoothly (the 2 fans and the 2 RGB are not connected to the CoPro as the fans are ML models and the 4 other fans I have are LL140 RGB)

• 4 LL140 RGB fans which don't spin and the leds are not working (expect 1 fan which has 1 and only 1 green led working (static color))

• 4 temps sensor (provided with the CoPro) connected to the CoPro

• 4 RGB strips connected to the CP and which don't work

I've read a lot of threads about how to wire the whole thing and I think I did it good:

• The 4 fans power cable are connected to the CoPro

• The 4 RGB cables are connected to the RGB Led Hub (no empty slot between each connection)

• 4 temps sensor connected directly to the CoPro

• RGB Strips directly connected to the CoPro (on LED slot 2)

• and finally the RGB Led Hub connected on the CoPro (on LED slot 1)

RGB Led Hub and CoPro are correctly connected to SATA power and the CoPro is connected to the USB port on the MB.

What I've already tried:

- Disconnect the RGB Led Hub from the CoPro to see if the fans will start --> not working

- Doing the same and removing the temps sensors and the RGB Strips --> fans still not spinning

- Try another SATA connector (for both)

- Switch USB port on the MB

- Connect the RGB Led Hub directly ont the MB on the dedicated corsair port (MB = MSI Z390 Pro Carbon) --> still one and only one green static LED

What I don't understand:

- CoPro not providing power to the fans when they are the only thing connected to it...

- CoPro not recognised by ICue software

- What should I do ?

Thanks a lot for your time and your reply!

Here is a picture of my project (I'm building my computer in my desk)

https://imgur.com/a/9Q5VaIe

1) Are the LL-120 fans new or did you have them working prior?

2) Is the Commander Pro new?

If they are new where did you buy them from?

Additional Diagnostic Steps:

1) Try plugging the LL-120's RGB fans into H115i Plat. You should be able to switch them to LLs else only 8 LEDs on the first LL will work.

2) Do the strips work on your MSI MB?

3) Do you have a Lighting Node Pro you could test the fans and strips with?

The fact that the LL-120 is having the same issue on the MB as the CoPro, has me concerned.

Dear Solarity,

Thanks for your swift reply. I'll test all of this tonight at home. For the moment, here are my replies:

1) Are the LL-120 fans new or did you have them working prior? --> It's LL 140 in fact and yes, they are brand new. First time I plug them in.

2) Is the Commander Pro new? Brand new too and first time plugged in too

If they are new where did you buy them from? Amazon

Dear Solarity,

Thanks for your swift reply. I'll test all of this tonight at home. For the moment, here are my replies:

1) Are the LL-120 fans new or did you have them working prior? --> It's LL 140 in fact and yes, they are brand new. First time I plug them in.

2) Is the Commander Pro new? Brand new too and first time plugged in too

If they are new where did you buy them from? Amazon

This is just a theory, tough the reason I asked where you bought it from as I tend to see a lot of people having issues out of the gate that bought their items from Amazon. It seems like people use Amazon as a way to "RMA" their product. More than a few people have damaged their RGB by plugging into something they shouldn't.

Lastly try swapping the fan order around. If the first fan's lighting is kaput, then none of the other fan's lighting will work.

Dear Solaris,

Here is what I tried:

- plugging the LED strip directly on the MoBO --> works

- plugging directly the RGB Led HUB directly on the the MoBo (with 2 different SATA source) --> still one static green led

- also switched the Led order (if n°1 is broken...) --> still doesn't change anything

- Plugin the Fans directly on the MoBo --> they spin, YEAH !

So my conclusions are : my fans can spin but won't once connected to the CommanderPro. The leds doesn't work on the 4 fans (execpt 1).

I did purchased my items on Amazon but not for your mentionned reason. The reason was the price (purchased during black friday). Today I decided to return the products to amazon. The fans were provided by Amazon.es --> I had to pay 26€ of postal fees to return it :(

I really hope it will work with the new ones !

THanks for your help,

Pierre

I was hoping I could help you resolve the issue before you returned everything.

What I was stating earlier is that some people try things they shouldn't with their fans, i.e. plug the RGB cables from the LL fans into a 12v Analog RGB header on the MB and fry the LEDs int he fan. It seems like what you did was fine, though someone else might have damaged the fans and bought new ones and sent their old faulty fans back into Amazon. If Amazon doesn't see any indication of the package being open, they put it back on the shelf for the next unsuspecting buyer to purchase the damage and previously used product. This is just a theory of mine, supported by the following:

1) Amazon's gracious return policy

2) I have only seen this from people who have purchased their products from Amazon

3) I have seen posts in Reddit, where people have reported receiving the equivalent weight in rocks, instead of a graphics card or a non-working item that had apparent evidence of use, i.e. dust on product and/or scratches on screws or mounts.

Again this is just a theory of mine and my own opinion.