Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal 680x radiator/fan placement

Duncan_Lance

Hi folks,

I'm currently on a corsair build with watercooled cpu and gpu. Unfortunately I thought I would have far more space to get my rads and fans installed but it seems I'm a bit limited. I already use ultra thin rads from xspc but the fitment of the one in the front (360mm) doesn't go well with 2 bottom fans. I tried to look at the installation guide from the corsair configurator and indeed they just placed one single fan on the bottom of the case. But I simply refuse to just install one fan, nope, I want to have 2 of them at all cost xD So I finally managed to get them somehow placed in a more or less sophisticated way but I'm not a 100% satisfied yet :)

Maybe some of you could help me out with some ideas for a more "proper" workaround since I used cable tie to fix one side of the fans. Yes, cable tie. :D:

See attached pic

20200120_105124.thumb.jpg.09ce9f06bae0d0127d478a7fe1904e52.jpg

• Corsair Employee

haha! interesting. I mean, your current setup work. But an alternative way could be:

- Mount the 360mm rad to the case then attach those fans to the rad and have the in/out ports on the top instead of on the bottom. This should allow you to install the bottom fans using all screws instead of partially cable-tied.

But I don understand you may have a bigger challenge with tubing later on, seeing that you are planning on doing soft tubing. Good luck!

I see your dilemma.. and i feel your solution is about as good as it gets.. i also dont think you will get away with flipping the front rad to fittings at the top as the top rad/fans block that right?. as for mounting the rad direct to the case. cant do that.. what about the RGBz from the front of the case?. being a Cystal series case surely you want those fans on show right?

i think aside from making an adaptor plate for between the fans and the case, not a lot else you can do buddy. Nice looking build so far though :)

Edited by Zotty