Corsair Community

K70 Rapidfire, other switch choices?

Skrunch

I guess you're gonna be disappointed then. Even right now they make special runs of the MX Blues switches only from time to time, that happens when they gather enough working switches. The blue ones are a pain to produce (or so I heard at least) and it takes Cherry much more time to produce them.

That said this is only my assumption, it's been a while since they did a batch of blue switches so maybe they've been gathering them to make a run now with this updated keyboard :):

• Corsair Employee
Greetings,

I love the new update to the K70 RGB with the new LED controller and font but I was wondering if there's any plans to release more choices of switches as I've always been a sucker for MX Blues.

Rapidfire is basically its own category for now. If you want a K70 RGB with blue switches, I would sign up for the Corsair newsletter. Whenever we have special runs, you will be the first to know.

Rapidfire is basically its own category for now. If you want a K70 RGB with blue switches, I would sign up for the Corsair newsletter. Whenever we have special runs, you will be the first to know.

Thank you for the response, Henry. Wouldn't it be beneficial to also update the existing K70 RGB models with the improvements found on the Rapidfire edition? I mean it has the updated LED controller, USB pass through, the new font, only one USB is required to power the keyboard and so on. It makes the choice of buying a new keyboard more complicated because at the moment, if you want everything updated, we're forced to purchase the Rapidfire edition and linear switches aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I know the Strafe RGB is sold in MX Blues on Amazon and stock seems to be available but I really prefer the aluminum body and dedicated media keys.

Is it the same for K70 RapidFire (Red switches)

looks like you found your answer :D:

@Justgamer - not that I am aware of..

Then @Corsair Henry If there will be K70 Rapidfire (RED) Do I need to wait a long time until there will be the same with red switches? I am just waiting and waiting, Lol can't wait until u Corsair release it with red switches.. Huh :(::(::(:

If Corsair don't release it with red switches = my life is over :(::(: Because I've always wanted to buy K70 (But the new upgrade) I didn't like the strafe and neither the MX Speed thats on the K70 Rapidfire so.. And there is no way that I want the old k70..

Then @Corsair Henry If there will be K70 Rapidfire (RED) Do I need to wait a long time until there will be the same with red switches? I am just waiting and waiting, Lol can't wait until u Corsair release it with red switches.. Huh :(::(::(:

If Corsair don't release it with red switches = my life is over :(::(: Because I've always wanted to buy K70 (But the new upgrade) I didn't like the strafe and neither the MX Speed thats on the K70 Rapidfire so.. And there is no way that I want the old k70..

The rapidfire lineup will all have speed switches.

It seems crazy that Corsair won't produce a K70/65/95 with the new version of the RGB LED controller and a few design tweeks (in other words Kxx RGB Ver 2.0). What they offer is a K70 with the LED controller that we thought we'd get in Version 1.0 of the RGB keyboards, but with switches that we're not sure about. It's like they're doing their best to not give potential customers what they want.

It seems crazy that Corsair won't produce a K70/65/95 with the new version of the RGB LED controller and a few design tweeks (in other words Kxx RGB Ver 2.0). What they offer is a K70 with the LED controller that we thought we'd get in Version 1.0 of the RGB keyboards, but with switches that we're not sure about. It's like they're doing their best to not give potential customers what they want.

They do, someone else in another thread posted a link to best buy that lists the K65 LUX RGB which is basically the updated version you're talking about. Most likely they will officially present the whole lineup for Computex.

From what I read on another website, Corsair George apparently said the normal K70 should get the updates found on the K70 Rapidfire, but they'll be called the K65/K70 RGB LUX with Red, Brown and hopefully Blue switches.

From what I read on another website, Corsair George apparently said the normal K70 should get the updates found on the K70 Rapidfire, but they'll be called the K65/K70 RGB LUX with Red, Browns and hopefully Blues.

That's good news.

If they improve reliability and compatibility too, I might be tempted to try again.

From what I read on another website, Corsair George apparently said the normal K70 should get the updates found on the K70 Rapidfire, but they'll be called the K65/K70 RGB LUX with Red, Brown and hopefully Blue switches.

Wow, u just made me happy now :D: :D: :D: If that's true then I'll wait for that K70 RGB LUX version or whatever it is, Rapidfire with Red switches, because I don't like MX speed to be honest... May I ask if u can send me the link to that thread if u can? Thanks again bro :D

Yep I can confirm that we will LUX RGB, which is uses the regular switches.

Again, the Rapidfire is its own series, so don't get it confused.

Great news! But haha I can't wait like more than 2 months, I have an old mouse & keyboard from A4tech, bought them 2010 what I can remember, and some keus doesn't work on my keboard and the same on my mouse..

And I know how the red switches feels, I've tested the Strafe.

Well let's wait for the K70 rgb lux red, I hope it's the same like rapidfire and even more better :biggrin::laughing:

So, I will be able to get a K95 RGB Lux with brown switches?

I don't know where u got K95 from? The new update is only on (K70) series.. Now K70 and k65 rapidfire is released with MX Speed.

Now we're waiting for the same upgrade but with red swit ues and so on.. That will for sure be K70 Lux..

And I don't know if there will be an upgrade of k95 in the future, maybe? :)

• Administrators
I Saw it, but how can they sell it already when Corsair even never released it
The K65 LUX RGB was released.

https://www.facebook.com/Corsair/posts/1206709229369163

Trusted Performance, Compact Size.

In collaboration with Best Buy, the K65 LUX RGB is our latest take on the Tenkeyless legend. From the aircraft-grade aluminum frame and legendary Cherry MX mechanical switches, to the dedicated media controls and advanced lighting control through Corsair Utility Engine (CUE), the K65 LUX RGB has all the features you want in a compact TKL form factor.

I Saw it, but how can they sell it already when Corsair even never released it and the K70 RGB LUX? :bigeyes::eyebuldge

google it. there are posts over a week old with people talking about thier new lux k65 rgb from bestbuy.

@Corsair Henry what is this??? http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit-CH-9101010-NA/dp/B01ER4B8C8/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462103689&sr=1-1&keywords=Corsair+-+Gaming+K70+LUX+RGB

Why can't I see the K70 RGB LUX (RED) on http://www.corsair.com If they (already are released) ?? And I am still waiting, becuz I am not going to buy it from Amazon or Bestbuy. Waiting for it to come to Sweden stores so I can buy it..

As far as I know they released only the K65 LUX RGB which is available for purchase directly from Best Buy (they have some kind of exclusive partnership for it).

Most likely they will officially present the whole lineup for Computex, that's my guess at least.

Archived