Corsair Community

QL140 Problems in 280X

Wingsofligh7

Hi all,

Just setup a new rig. Used to come from NZXT. Setup my new rig with Corsair 6 x QL 140s On the commander pro and lighting node core . Updated all softwares and drivers including iCUE. H115i Platinum RGB AIO

Problem : iCUE detects everything and all fans light up and spin. However, from iCUE, I can not control the QL140 fan speed. Quiet, Moderate, Extreme Modes all spins at roughly 1400 RPMs ( that’s what iCUE shows) and very noisy. From the Time I press the power button to startup my computer, it spins at that speed. Regardless of load. Please help. It’s too noisy. I can’t find the fan curve in iCUE I tried swapping fans with Noctua NF A14 Choromax and they also run at full speed on this system.

I’ve had NZXT systems before. I know how quiet even a triple 120 fans on a 360 rad can be. They have quiet modes which is really quiet. And you can control and change your fan curve. I suspect it’s the Commander Pros problem. Firmware and software are all the latest.

Get off the Commander Pro presets. They are linked to CPU temp as the control variable and CPU temp is always perceived as up in recent CPUs, especially if you have a x470/570 board. Hit + in the Performance Tab to create a custom curve. Set something up based on GPU Temp or H115i Temp to match the cooler fans. The best long term solution is to use the temp probes that come with the Commander Pro to assess ambient temp at key hot spots (rear exhaust). Those will provide efficient fan control at all times, with or without the software running. However, it does require you to learn the range of the sensor in that specific location before you set up a meaningful curve.