Corsair Community

1000D dilemma :)

dragoneti

Hello Everybody!!

Few days ago a pulled the trigger on a hydro X custom loop solution (xr5 360 radiator) to replace a ml360 aio for my i9 9900k which until now was housed in a coolermaster c700p. The next day a local computer chain publiched an offer for the 1000D that i couldn't resit so i pull the trigger on that one too.

The thing is now on how to arrange this config for the optimal thermals and this is where i want your suggestions. I already have 6x LL120 on the aio at the moment which will go to the xr5 rad for push pull and 4x LL140 for the ambient case air.

Should i go for something like my current setup which is the rad push pull on top (meaning that i will swap the trays for the 3x140 in front and the 8x120 on top) and and have the 3x140 in front and one on the back, or have it as it comes from the shop with the ll140 to be exhaust fans on top and back and have the radiator push pull in front?

Physics usually dectate that radiators are better on top using natural rise of heat but tests have show that it does not makes that much of a difference, so what are your suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

• 2 weeks later...
In my 1000d I have done 420mm push-pull in top and front. My current build is 240mm rear, 2x360mm top, and 1x420mm front all in push-pull. You will get coolest temps with the front, since it is not at the top of the case heat chamber and father away from the heat sources in the case (GPU and CPU). But, as you said, it is not HUGE difference, but it is some. If you want to go about the build in steps, you could start small, push-pull the top with a 420mm for the CPU and then expand in the front when you add your GPU to the loop.

Thank you for your answer, i already went with the front mounting option for my 360 xr5 with 3 ll120 pushing air through it, and my temps have never been better.

The main plan is to have a push pull 420 on top and a 480 push in front and add my gfx card when new rtx arrive. (my gigabyte rtx 2080 gaming oc is custom pcb and a hassle to find and add a waterblock when new card are expected soon).

Below is a photo i took from my build :)

445645646546.thumb.jpg.974a3f08437fc049d0311a660f29bcde.jpg

Looks awesome!

One question since I just received the 1000D. Which PSU does fit in there??? Tried everything but nothing fits!

Help!

Have an EVGA1600T2 and a BeQuiet850W straight power 11. Both do not fit. Have removed all the brackets bur the opening for the PSU that the 1000D offers is so small...

Greetings,

Chris

I'm under the impression that you are doing something wrong, i have a corsair rm1000x which fits and with much space to spare. Maybe you are trying to fit it to the back of the case which is for the secondary system's small power supply? or you haven't removed the psu cover for the inside the case?