The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 PM
hinkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 396894
hinkey Reputation: 10
Question HX1000W Fan not spinning

First off I'd like to say that I have used Corsair products for as long as they have been selling them and have never been less then satisfied.

I am however having issues with my current power supply. I built the system about 6 months ago and recently (within the past month) added a second video card(as listed in my specs) and also another 2 sticks of memory(also listed in my specs).

When I was about to turn in for the night a few days ago I smelt a funny smell in the computer room and upon further investigation discovered that the fan on the power supply was not spinning and the supply was very hot, not burning hot but definitely hot enough that i couldn't leave my hand on it. I powered the system off and unplugged it just to be safe.

This morning i decided to try and troubleshoot a bit and after connecting everything back up and powering the system on the fan spun right up for about 1min, then even before it could finish loading into windows the fan shut off again.

I was wondering if this was by design(as it is a thermal controlled fan) and also if it does have to be RMA'd does Corsair do cross-shipping?

Thanks,
Hinkey

Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 396972
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

The fan will spin slowly at times, however it should always be spinning. We will want to replace the unit for you, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Once you receive an RMA number, you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what options may be available for your RMA.

Tags
fan, hx1000w