Corsair Community

Corsair 500D SE RGB/680X Fan Type and Cooling Question

Blackworms

Hello everyone,

Planning to get either 500D SE RGB or 680X and am aware that one has a Commander Pro and RGB hub, and the other only has RGB hub and a Node.

So I somehow got a ML120 fan without buying any of the cases and my question is whether I can connect the ML to the same RGB hub on the cases and make it work like the LLs. If I cannot, I’ll refund the ML and get an another LL fan for rear exhaust. I assume in that moment I can control all 4 of the LLs without any additional peripherals via iCue and from the same RGB hub as they’re the same type of fans?

Like in the below picture, will I just plug my other LL to socket 4 and done with it? If so, that means I can add 2 more without any additional peripherals until I get my Commander Pro?

https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_master/images/images/hc1/hd8/9190313197598/-CC-9011169-WW-Gallery-680X-RGB-White-04.png

Also which one do you think has better airflow for GPU since mine is an EVGA 2080ti Black and gets hot pretty fast? It seems like I may add 2 additional fans with 680X and not with 500D SE RGB.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for rookie questions.

Edited by Blackworms

hi bud... sort of.... it would light up when ran along side LL or HD fans.. along side SP fans is a no go......

but... the ML has 4 LEDS.. LL's have 16 LEDS.. so certain sequential effects wouldn't play correctly.. but yes.. would work,,,but my advice is return it and get an LL fan to match ;)

always worth the read..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Edited by Zotty

If you have the return option, take it and get a matching LL. The ML will light up and at the end of the chain is viable. However, you can’t set 4 fans to be LL and 1 to be ML. You have to tell it 5 x LL and that means the last fan will only display 1/4 of the effect because it only has 4 LEDs vs 16 of the LL.