Corsair Community

iCUE - Battlefield 5 Integration

TackDaniels

Hi there.

Will there be a BFV Integration with iCUE like there is one with Far Cry 5?

TIA

TD

I think if there was, then they would have done it for launch. It looks like a lot of companies do an exclusive deal with one hardware company and it looks like Logitech is working with EA for BF5, so I don't think there will be any integration. I bet in the future as lighting gets more popular hardware and game developers will get together and figure out some type of standard where the lighting information and event driven changes is provided via SDK. Companies like Corsair will use those events and details to change the lighting. This could be something very complex, though most likely automated Lighting integration is really in it's infancy.

Some people do mods to their systems that give them dynamic back lighting for their monitors. Basically light on the monitor will carry over to ambient lighting behind the monitor. Manually creating profiles will cost money and time. Doing things dynamically will be the eventual way things will be done. IMHO

I think if there was, then they would have done it for launch. It looks like a lot of companies do an exclusive deal with one hardware company and it looks like Logitech is working with EA for BF5, so I don't think there will be any integration. I bet in the future as lighting gets more popular hardware and game developers will get together and figure out some type of standard where the lighting information and event driven changes is provided via SDK. Companies like Corsair will use those events and details to change the lighting. This could be something very complex, though most likely automated Lighting integration is really in it's infancy.

Some people do mods to their systems that give them dynamic back lighting for their monitors. Basically light on the monitor will carry over to ambient lighting behind the monitor. Manually creating profiles will cost money and time. Doing things dynamically will be the eventual way things will be done. IMHO

Yea I think you're right. Really sad. I've never been a big fan of blinking LED fans and stuff. iCUE and the (Far Cry) Game Integration Showcase changed that. I really like the Corsair Headsets, Keyboards, AIO Coolers etc. for their quality and the idea of dynamic color syncing all that equipment with ingame events would be very cool!

Phillips for example with its Hue Sync App gets that done too and they do it great, imo. And they are not game specific and you don't have to create profiles or SDK custom developments or mods or hacks or whatever.

Archived