Corsair Community

350D+GeneVII+212EVO+Dominator | Will it all fit?

ASnakeNeverDies

Hi everyone, I have some questions regarding the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and Maximus Gene VII with i7 4790K on a Corsair Obsidian 350D case with 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2400MHz.

I recently had to change a component (H100i) of my build (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=136110) due to some RMA inconveniences. That's to say that, even if I could qualify for warranty protection, I'm almost certain I won't escape customs retention of a replacement unit (of whatever component) should the RMA process investigations conclude favorably for me (due to the situation in my country). And even if there might be a chance of things going smoothly, I'm afraid I can't risk being stuck without a PC for two months (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=62853).

This is the build in question:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.40 GHz

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB (32GB) @ 2400MHz

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Gene (LGA1150)

GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 980

SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB (x2)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm (x2) | from current build

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 350D (Windowed)

CPUCOOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

FANS1: Corsair SP Performance Coolers (x4)

FANS2: Corsair AF Quiet (x2)

PSU: Corsair AX860i

SPEAKERS: Creative T40 Series II

It used to have an H100i but I'm not willing to risk it, maybe sometime in the not-so-distant future, but now I don't want to lose any sleep over it. Anyway, here are the questions:

1) Do I have enough room with the ASUS Maximus VII Gene motherboard for a Hyper 212 EVO with 2 120mm Corsair fans and 4 sticks of Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM?

2) Should I use SP fans or AF fans for the heatsink?

3) Can someone recommend any other air cooling solutions for this particular configuration?

Thanks.

EDIT: since yesterday I've been digging and found the recently released Noctua NH-U9S and I believe that one will fit my needs nicely. Anyway, third question still stands. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Archived