Corsair Community

"Default" colour scheme when Windows PC is locked

Salsiccia

Just setting up my K95 Plat on a new work laptop and I seem to have forgotten basic keyboard setup in iCue (its a sign of old age!!!)

When my laptop locks due to inactivity (overnight, or out on breaks etc) the K95 reverts to a basic red colour display, and the lightbar at the top is white. I have cleared out all hardware on board profiles so my understanding is this is default - out of the box behaviour. I believe I can change this to be something different (I'm thinking all lights off so there is no ambient light in the office at night (now that I am working from home!!), but I am unclear where to set this in iCue.

Dumb question I know, but would really appreciate a gentle prod in the right direction. I really need to get better at understanding iCue !!!

Thanks.

Sal

It goes into Hardware Mode when widows locks, so the three saved HW profiles on the keyboard will be what’s shown. You’ll need CUE to create/edit what you want. Technically, you can now create HW lighting from any software profile and save it to any slot. However, I still think it’s easier to use the K95P HW1-3 profiles to do this so you know where you’ve stored the template.

HW mode is limited to 1 preset OR 5 custom effects (static, gradient, etc). You can do a static black for lights out, then whatever you want for the other 2. The profile switch above F2 will cycle between the 3 when in HW mode. Don’t forget to go the onboard profiles tab to actually save the scheme to a slot.