Corsair Community

Please Help at Wits End with RGB fans and Commander Pro

avgdad74

Hello,

I am new to PC building and I am completely lost and frustrated.

I am trying to connect my fans and AIO to my motherboard.

I am trying to hook up 6 LL 120 fans and 2 120 fans from the Corsair Platinum AIO.

I have a commander pro and the case came with a RGB Hub and Lighting Node.

I am using the Corsair Crystal 680 case and the motherboard is Asus X570 ROG Strix.

I have an extra fan hub and lighting node that came with the 3 pack of LL fans.

Hello,

I am new to PC building and I and about to throw the whole thing in the trash.

I have a Corsair 680x with the H100i AIO and 6 LL 120 fans with the Asus ROG Strix X570

I also have a commander pro and 2 rgb hubs and nodes. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to hook everything up. I have looked at the manuel and watched you tube but still nothing.

Any help would be great.

Your best bet is to have a look on here for sticky threads published by Zotty.

There is a wealth of information in there on everything you could ever possibly want to know about hooking all this stuff up, and it is complete with well thought out diagrams as well (a picture paints a thousand words!)

The basics for you to understand right off the bat:

Your H100i AIO should operate pretty much all on its own. It will control the fan speeds based on the temperature it senses from the CPU block.

Your other 6 LL120 fans will all need to connect in 2 places:

1) To the Fan ports (1-6) on the Commander Pro [This will control the SPEED of the fans]

2) To an RGB Fan Hub which will connect to 1 of the 2 LED channel connections on your Commander Pro. [This will control the RGB colours on your fans]

Each fan has 2 wires coming out of it. One for the Speed connection on the Commander Pro. And one for the RGB connection on the Fan Hub. Usually, the RGB lead will have a sticker on the end of it saying "RGB".

Your Commander Pro needs 2 more connections in order to make it functional.

1 - A USB connection onto your motherboard (so the iCue software can control it)

2 - SATA power to a lead from your PSU (so it has power)

If you have a specific thing you aren't clear on, by all means fire a targeted question in here, there's loads of folks who have been doing this for years who are all very friendly - mostly - lol !!!!

• Corsair Employee

Hey there, before intermingling everything, you should follow the instructions for each product separately. This will teach you about how they connect and operate.

For example, your Platinum will have it's own RGB LED connections for the fans. Meanwhile, if you purchased the LL120 triple pack, it will include the Lighting Node PRO and RGB as well as instructions on how to connect them.

Zotty's guide is also a great place to learn once you've figured out what the connections do.