Corsair Community

iCUE update broke my Ironclaw (again?!)

Favebook

So support approved an RMA after their clean reinstall of iCue solution didn't work. Every single problem, issue, detail every single person in this thread has, I literally have as well. Unfortunately, we're all in the same boat here and it seems no one from Corsair is coming to save us from drowning.

I've already sent in my ironclaw, will update when I get a fresh one from Corsair to see if a new mouse will work (Though I highly doubt this as I had zero problems with the mouse for 5-6 months. Issue surfaced right after the second to last iCue update as well)

Since I've replaced my mouse in BestBuy and did not update firmware , everything is working find even with last iCue.

This is my firmware

attachment.php?attachmentid=37078&d=1576561844

I hope Corsair will look into the problem. This is getting ridiculous that so many people have same problem and no one in Corsair cares about it .

2085056880_2019-12-1621_50_05-iCUE.png.d0a30191147b23f4f3e310f973632acf.png

Created an account to post onto this thread as well, it is most definitely the lastest firmware update that caused this issue. I rolled back to older versions of iCUE and it doesn't fix the issue at all, Corsair needs to get new firmware update out asap. The fact that this has been like this for over two weeks with no response from anyone at Corsair is very frustrating.

Hello,

I also come here because I have the same problem with my Ironclaw mouse since the last update!

I have contacted support and no one has found a solution to the problem!

hope Corsair hears us and corrects the problem with an update please!

Hi all,

I just wanted to update everyone that we are investigating this - I have no ETA yet but will share any new information when I get it.

Thanks for reporting this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

According to another thread downgrading to an older version of the firmware seems to fix the problem .. can you please make an older version available until you figure it out properly. Thanks.

I have the same issue. I thought my DPI had dropped but didn't check into it until today when I was trying to turn off my LED lighting to extend battery life. Oh, and apparently I can't turn on Power Save mode or change the LED settings on my profile...

I have the same issue. I thought my DPI had dropped but didn't check into it until today when I was trying to turn off my LED lighting to extend battery life. Oh, and apparently I can't turn on Power Save mode or change the LED settings on my profile...

see

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1028090

It fixed it for me ... download earlier version of iCue and it will have an older version of the firmware baked in .. force install even if it says you already have the latest version

• Confused 1

see

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1028090

It fixed it for me ... download earlier version of iCue and it will have an older version of the firmware baked in .. force install even if it says you already have the latest version

Bookmarking this, thank you.

As it turns out, when I stepped away from my computer for a couple hours and came back, the settings decided to actually update. Weird.

I do not know the link to an old version and I really have no idea is it safe to downgrade. You can easily brick the mouse.

But I can try to find a download link if it is still available on Corsair servers.

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml

The installer is signed by Corsair, so its fine to run it. Then force update both firmwares. It will actually install the older versions that don't have the bug. I had no issues doing it.

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml

The installer is signed by Corsair, so its fine to run it. Then force update both firmwares. It will actually install the older versions that don't have the bug. I had no issues doing it.

I was talking about firmware, not the iCue. Since I use last iCue but old firmware and I have no problems at all with the mouse. This could be the sign that the problem is in firmware

I was talking about firmware, not the iCue. Since I use last iCue but old firmware and I have no problems at all with the mouse. This could be the sign that the problem is in firmware

I understand, but this is how I installed the old *firmware* ... the old firmware seems to come bundled with the old version of iCue. So you install the old version of iCue, then, using it, force install firmware and it will install the old version of the firmware. I guess you could then install the latest iCue, but really I don't think there is any real difference and it's probably good to install a iCue / firmware pair that were designed for each other. From searching on the web it does seem that the problem is with the firmware.

I do not think they are bundled because you can update firmware without updating iCue. And I am sure that iCue is using servers to find new firmware. I did analyze the logs of iCue and I sow some info related to that.

I will post more information if I will be able to find a way to get specific version

It's so annoying, iCUE HAS to be running for my very basic lighting effect and DPI to apply to my ironclaw now (It's a solid white colour ffs). I have this effect saved both my K70 and Ironclaw HW profiles so you'd think at least 1 would take effect right? Nope. Good o'l default settings for me, oh, and my extra mouse buttons don't work.

I loathe interacting with this software, having it running sucks performance from games and it can't even do what it is supposed to do. Fix your **** Corsair, this is unacceptable.

Same problems with my mouse with latest firmware. .... :evil: WTF.....

Workaround for me :

1. Uninstall iCUE 3.23.66

2. Download and install iCUE 3.21.88 -> http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.21.88_release.msi

3. Force firmware upgrade ( = downgrade)

4. Uninstall 3.21.88

5. Download and install ICUE 3.23.66 -> http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.23.66_release.msi

6. Ignore Firmware updates

Why have we to do this ???

Expensive hardware, with no quick support to fix this ???

I accept this issue for 3 or 5 days, but not for weeks :evil::evil::evil:

I also have signed up to complain about my Ironclaw wireless mouse. It seems within the last 48 hours it has lost it's ability to connect with my computer without the cord. Neither wireless or Bluetooth works. Just flashing DPI lights when trying to connect.

I have tried un-installing iCUE and trying older versions with no luck. The Ironclaw will also no update the firmware, no matter what USB port I use it will not recognize it. Hopefully a future iCUE update will fix this.

Another update here. I was able to update my mouse on my work computer. It seemed fine for a bit however now the mouse will just lose it's connection with the computer. Every minute or so it will stop working and all the lights on the mouse turn off, then right back on again. Very strange. I really would like to use the mouse without the USB cord.

Hello guys :D

I just buyed the mouse Ironclaw RGB wireless and got the same problem In Game but also on the desktop.

Seeing i'm not the only one with this problem and since it's a brand new mouse i think it's a software problem so i wondered if there was any new about the correction of the problem :D It's quite annoying to adapt anytime to a new sensibility x)

Hello guys :D

I just buyed the mouse Ironclaw RGB wireless and got the same problem In Game but also on the desktop.

Seeing i'm not the only one with this problem and since it's a brand new mouse i think it's a software problem so i wondered if there was any new about the correction of the problem :D It's quite annoying to adapt anytime to a new sensibility x)

Read https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1030134#post1030134

You will need to do a firmware rollback on both the mouse and dongle to remove the issue.