Corsair Community

syncing icue with philips hue?

blikkboks

is this possible in any way shape or form?

I'm currently running a philips hue lightstrip behind my monitor that I have synced with the image on the monitor with screenbloom.

is there any way to make icue sync with philips hue, or just have icue synced with what's going on on the monitor?

if it matters I have a commander pro connected to 6corsair sp rgb fans and one ledstrip.

Please do this! I was really disappointed to find out only Razer will be doing this. I created an account to post this! Now that hue is releasing the sync software, I think it should be a given. I don't want to switch to Razer...

Please do this! I was really disappointed to find out only Razer will be doing this. I created an account to post this! Now that hue is releasing the sync software, I think it should be a given. I don't want to switch to Razer...

Dude ... as someone that just switched from Razer, trust me, you don't want to do that, especially just for Hue lighting.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
It is something we are exploring - we have a lot of projects planned for the future so it is just a matter of ensuring what we do has the greatest impact for a majority of our users.

If there is a chance of future integration with a smart bulb, is there any brand that iCue might partner with? I am in the market for some bulbs.

why would you switch to razer they do not sell PC components and if you really want RGB strips outside your case get the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and have it connected outside your PC via a internal USB 2.0 extension cable(s) and a SATA data extension cable(s)

when Corsair iCUE is fully completed, it will be unrivaled. The closest any manufacturer is to Corsair's iCUE is either ASUS or Thermaltake/Cooler Master. The first of the 3 mentioned does not sell much products of its own when it comes to components although it does support third party gear with the motherboard RGB headers though even this is a hit or miss as most motherboard headers do not support addressable LED's and many motherboard manufacturers software's do not support lighting sync. The 2 latter I mentioned do not sell any components only cases and cooling solutions besides the peripherals

I am just waiting for Corsair to release their custom water cooling gear already and start selling their rumoured monitors as apparently they are hiring people to manage their new line of monitors which are yet to be worked on and if they do start making monitors PLEASE PLEASE corsair add a crosshair overlay like ASUS does I like using it in certain games and it doesnt cost anything besides a slight tweak of onboard software and maybe adding a few kilobytes of storage of whatever

Edited by Z.S

why would you switch to razer they do not sell PC components and if you really want RGB strips outside your case get the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and have it connected outside your PC via a internal USB 2.0 extension cable(s) and a SATA data extension cable(s)

when Corsair iCUE is fully completed, it will be unrivaled. The closest any manufacturer is to Corsair's iCUE is either ASUS or Thermaltake/Cooler Master. The first of the 3 mentioned does not sell much products of its own when it comes to components although it does support third party gear with the motherboard RGB headers though even this is a hit or miss as most motherboard headers do not support addressable LED's and many motherboard manufacturers software's do not support lighting sync. The 2 latter I mentioned do not sell any components only cases and cooling solutions besides the peripherals

I am just waiting for Corsair to release their custom water cooling gear already and start selling their rumoured monitors as apparently they are hiring people to manage their new line of monitors which are yet to be worked on and if they do start making monitors PLEASE PLEASE corsair add a crosshair overlay like ASUS does I like using it in certain games and it doesnt cost anything besides a slight tweak of onboard software and maybe adding a few kilobytes of storage of whatever

I agree corsair is the best for stuff like this. My only concern with the 2nd part is I hope they don't grow to quickly. I have seen so many companies try to get into every market, then their QA and Customer Support goes to crap. I think that is one reason everyone likes EVGA products, at the same time everyone complains a lot about Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, and etc. Thermal Take has taken an abuse in the custom water cooling community. The custom WC community can be a bit snobbish and if Corsair wants to get into that market, they would have to do a lot of research and work a lot with the community. If they jump in head first, then it could negatively impact their reputation. Only a fraction of people use water cooling and only a fraction of those do custom loops. I just can't see it worth their wild and I think they have more to lose.

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
The HUE Sync app for Windows isn't too bad on its own. You can create "entertainment zones" which are essentially special scenes just for syncing. You can toggle on different modes and it'll change the colors of your lights based on colors/activity on the screen with some input from sound if you choose to enable that. I use it from time to time and it does a decent enough job on its own even though it isn't actually synced up to iCUE profiles.

Made an account just for this, just got my k70 rbg lux today, and have a fully automated home with Insteon and Hue. Would LOVE for this to be possible, even if in the meantime it was through a IFTTT webhook or a temp script. Im not sure if Hue has released an API at all for their Hue Entertainment\Hue Sync but if there is an API for iCue someone perhaps could shimmy a small script until the professionals make it work completely.

...Sync but if there is an API for iCue someone perhaps could shimmy a small script until the professionals make it work completely.

My method is a bit rubbish given the limitations, but you can determine icues active profile by polling for static lighting in a specific key or zone and then act on it with SDK integration (an app running alongside cue), so if that meant you could effect Phillips lights programattically, then yes.

• 1 year later...
It is something we are exploring - we have a lot of projects planned for the future so it is just a matter of ensuring what we do has the greatest impact for a majority of our users.

Hey.

post is quite a long time ago, any news on this? Creaded a fresh new build and want also to sync it with my ambient light of Hue.

• 1 year later...
Yes, I would love this feature too. I have been watching some videos about Razer's Synapse software and all its sync abilities. It can sync with hue and the screen. Watching the videos I felt like corsair was way behind on the abilities. I love their products and all, and all my peripherals are from corsair, but just seeing razer have those abilities made me mad and sad. Please try to integrate this feature in Icue as it would be legendary

• 3 weeks later...