Corsair Community

K63 Wireless and Dark Core SE Completley Kills Wifi

CGraham

Hi there,

So i have the wireless K63 keyboard and just got the dark core se wireless mouse. Using them both (particularly the mouse) interferes at an unbelievably abysmal amount with wifi in my room to ALL of my devices.

What can I do about this?

I've tried changing the channel of my wifi from auto to channel 1 (found this to be the best), which made a bit of a difference but still wifi speeds are terrible in my room when the k63 and dark core se are turned on.

Even with that, the following is the effects that using them has on my wifi:

• Wifi speed just now with neither keyboard or mouse on is circa 20mbps download.
  • With just the keyboard on (on 2.4ghz), download drops to 10mbps
  • with mouse on 2.4ghz, and keyboard on bluetooth, my wifi drops to 3.4 mbps!! like tf?

I refuse to believe that I'm the only person with this problem? I don't have the option to run everything off ethernet, and I can't set my router to 5ghz as it doesnt have the option, right now the only options that I can think of is to just return both of them and buy a different wireless mouse and keyboard, or having to fork out even more for a 5ghz router?

Anyone? If someone could help me out it would be really appreciated cause i'm really struggling here

Any wireless mouse or keyboard will use the 2.4GHz bands, so the limiting factor here is the c. 2008 Wifi router you are using. If the router is one provided by your ISP, contact them and see if they have a newer one with 5GHz capabilities.

If not, then just replace the router with a nice ac-capable unit.

Any wireless mouse or keyboard will use the 2.4GHz bands, so the limiting factor here is the c. 2008 Wifi router you are using. If the router is one provided by your ISP, contact them and see if they have a newer one with 5GHz capabilities.

If not, then just replace the router with a nice ac-capable unit.

Does pretty much everyone have 5ghz wifi routers these days then?

Mines is from my ISP; i'm with Sky, and i'm pretty sure in order to get a 5ghz wifi router from them you need to pay extra per month.

If that's the case, i'd be cheaper just getting a 5ghz modem to plug into the router that i currently have.

When you say replace the router with an 'ac-capable unit' i take it youre referring to 802.11ac? I'm quite new to the different wifi standards

Archived