Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

Binding modes of a profile to programs, not using the whole profile, but modes of that profile to enlighten the keyboard by process...

That would allow "folders" for light shemes for all Google Applications or so... or having one profile containing all games, instead of having a profile per game...

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Security because many of us use macros to store complex passwords:

Encrypted storage of macros

Password protect macro encryption/decryption

Updates:

CUE version number under the icon in upper right, click on it for update check, if update is available a pop up dialogue box. Updates should be EASY.

When updating, have an option that says "update". Make it dim if there is no update, but put it up so there is no doubt the software is doing what it should.

Edited by DOA
typpo

Please combine CUE and Corsair Link together.

on my taskbar, there are two corsair programs running everytime

Can you guys please combine those two programs in one?

Is support for older Corsair peripherals at all possible? CUE runs so much better with the M65 RGB's lighting and macro support, meanwhile the Raptor K50's software really is stuck in the dark ages. Having to run 2 separate programs in itself is pretty cumbersome too. This is probably the only thing I feel I can suggest, I've been quite happy with everything otherwise.

This. I currently have three pieces of Corsair software running all the time. Corsair LINK, Corsair Gaming Software, and now Corsair CUE. The features in the programs really need to be streamlined into one software package that can control all our peripherals. I don't expect you to support devices from other manufacturers. But you need to get your own hardware integrated into the same software space.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WP-3N5l_CS8QmiUoycSvQEfj8Qt07JyCKp6CZd7xNtV4LqPz7IUtHknkK27Adi_-KICEcCvYtLg_24pYppdLHmrFTp47-CQvfrSLPz2SeXATVWlzjKc0QgF7PTxT1uOkQZPvOx5DeQ-MuxWeo9vfk7lyoigGmqAiEwk1SJkwMWvHe8nt5jFBiG6WpqvPKBbValqlMz8sqdbdCd5IkvTMjRCdIUB21PaCORACWcahXVjY-Ok56L8aSLa_WKAI3lu-Pb0rkc4PgxgfH3uve8ykqmO08PEwYrE--MDuz6l-LUvaArWJq8owxKgkE5JAF2IUDZkn79QRkS_Kvhhl8nW7Kod9EunKgb8wPQ3vuiGBqbVSar8Zbb5PDJ9W5RAvsaSKRDJeOO08PPaaZnBKbfm07cnHCn6PAjk6PpqDYutZC20ygZTZfQNMa9ESACMxESljVbhQMOt_jMnMYW_ujMiAkSu_V-gtDy4gtxVPSxXiLEzha7o159OHJ2_e55aS2lx0wd_RWi2oRc5_5OeaPqbswOUQ0AUSVEsJj9pNSJ-3LiJk4bfMS1ZTJ7OifqRC91xuDOR4=w2326-h1308-no

Edited by Technobeard
IMG to URL

This. I currently have three pieces of Corsair software running all the time. Corsair LINK, Corsair Gaming Software, and now Corsair CUE. The features in the programs really need to be streamlined into one software package that can control all our peripherals. I don't expect you to support devices from other manufacturers. But you need to get your own hardware integrated into the same software space.

I get where your coming from having different software is annoying. But I dont think that merging CUE and Link will happen because one is for peripherals and the other is for case hardware. I do believe that CUE will be around for a while and hopefully their future device will use it too.

Security because many of us use macros to store complex passwords:

Encrypted storage of macros

Password protect macro encryption/decryption

Updates:

CUE version number under the icon in upper right, click on it for update check, if update is available a pop up dialogue box. Updates should be EASY.

When updating, have an option that says "update". Make it dim if there is no update, but put it up so there is no doubt the software is doing what it should.

What do you not like about the current update system??

How would encrypted storage of macros help if you can open them up in CUE and read it as plain text. Not to mention someone can just activate the macro in a text doc and get all your passwords. They would need to ask for a password so you can activate a macro to type your password.

Binding modes of a profile to programs, not using the whole profile, but modes of that profile to enlighten the keyboard by process...

That would allow "folders" for light shemes for all Google Applications or so... or having one profile containing all games, instead of having a profile per game...

What if they took out modes and it just became one profile to one program?

Edited by Inheritance

I get where your coming from having different software is annoying. But I dont think that merging CUE and Link will happen because one is for peripherals and the other is for case hardware. I do believe that CUE will be around for a while and hopefully their future device will use it too.

Okay, I kinda get CUE and Link being separate. But what was the purpose of ditching the Corsair Gaming software for CUE without including customization for the older keyboards and mice? Corsair gaming software for my K95 and CUE for a K95 RGB... Corsair gaming software for the M65 mouse but CUE for the M65 Pro RGB?? It's extremely annoying. They need to add support for the older devices to CUE and get rid of Corsair gaming software altogether.

Okay, I kinda get CUE and Link being separate. But what was the purpose of ditching the Corsair Gaming software for CUE without including customization for the older keyboards and mice? Corsair gaming software for my K95 and CUE for a K95 RGB... Corsair gaming software for the M65 mouse but CUE for the M65 Pro RGB?? It's extremely annoying. They need to add support for the older devices to CUE and get rid of Corsair gaming software altogether.

Yup their RGB line up included a new controller so they made new software to go with it. I dont think they will add support for the older devices to CUE as that would add to much bloat.

Not to mention most of the products that use CGS are end of life.

Hi there,

I was looking to bind a thumb key on my scimitar to one of the modifiers

SHIFT

CTRL

ALT

or a combination of those like ALT-SHIFT or ALT-CTRL-SHIFT.

The idea behind this is pressing and holding the newly assigned SHIFT-button on the mouse and pressing a key like 'z' on my keyboard to get SHIFT-z.

I could not find how to do it with CUE as of 1.16.42 so I request this as a feature. This is actually a make or break feature for me.

Thank you for considering.

Yup their RGB line up included a new controller so they made new software to go with it. I dont think they will add support for the older devices to CUE as that would add to much bloat.

Not to mention most of the products that use CGS are end of life.

They aren't exactly that old. Mine are still under warranty. And the M65 is still available. So are they planning on dropping support for these products? And if so, why not provide an upgrade path for those of us left behind? Or are we expected to spend another $300 on hardware just so our software stays up to date? Perhaps this conversation needs moved to a different thread...

How about this feature, make it not ruin the Void wireless

Make it so the software does NOT lock up the headset when past the 20' point

I have stopped using the CUE software and have not had an issue. I load up the SUE software for 2 min to check my battery level and forget to close down the software and it locks the headset up and must do a forced update to make the headset work again.

This is just bloody terrible, I have been complaining for the past 2 months and jack ****** has been done about it

i was thinking a sort of adobe flash CUE hybrid (badly photoshoped picture attached) best explained with an example: qwe are red in frame 1 wer are red in frame 2 ert are red in frame 3 you do this al the way down the keyboard and when you click play it loops all that you have made so you have a red line running down the keyboard. this would make even complex animations easy the same is apparent with key presses for example if you had more time than anyone needs you could make it so each key would trigger a separate animation.

plus you could have layers :biggrin:

i hope this can be done

flash-CUE.jpg.e33ed50219ec8b716afc4774801e6649.jpg

I got the K95 RGB for the key programmability, not for the lighting effects, so being able to have macros with 32K is pretty much needed. :idhitit: I use chordal input, such as SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-SUPER-HYPER-META key combinations. I like the full key rollover, and got the keyboard as a KEYBOARD, not a lightboard! Edited by Comet ☄

I got the K95 RGB for the key programmability' date=' not for the lighting effects, so being able to have macros with 32K is pretty much needed. :idhitit: I use chordal input, such as SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-SUPER-HYPER-META key combinations. I like the full key rollover, and got the keyboard as a KEYBOARD, not a lightboard![/quote']

I cant say youll be able to use that many key combo but i know they are trying to implement things like FN+F8, Shift + Y, stuff like that. Hopefully youll be able to go crazy.

Hello!

I think the ability to either silence or turn off the low battery alert, the alerts you get when switching the keyboard profiles or any type of CUE Alert would be great!

I definitely understand how an alert would be useful for those that game and have the game at full screen and cannot see the notification, however, I think just the option to disable this sound would provide added utility to the headset. When have too many options ever been a bad thing?

If I hear the beep once, then I know the battery is low. I do not need to continually hear the battery while attempting to play a game, listen/watch a video or listen to music. This seriously affects my enjoyment of my media and really takes away from the headset. This is especially true if I am currently unable to charge the headset.

I certainly understand how to take care of my equipment and the initial response that this option is not included so that we are driven to a height of such annoyance that we either just stop using the headset all together or charge it, rather bothers me. (exaggerating)

I appreciate Corsair wanting to ensure I get the full life of my headset, but I believe I should be the judge when it comes to choosing between utility/enjoyment and the life of my headset.

I really hope that someone can come up with a fix or if anyone knows of a fix, I would really like to hear it please.

Just bought a Corsair k70 rgb and after fiddling with the software, I realized that I couldn't alter the volume wheel to function with a specific program, instead it just alters the global volume.

If there is a way to do it, could you guys shed some light as to how.

If not, would be great if it were possible to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to Strafe RGB. And I have many wishes for future release of CUE.

1. Please add ability to assign key press combination to a single action / macro without losing normal key function. For example Ctrl+Alt+F on my Firefox -> open Facebook on new tab. Etc.

Actually with this feature lets & helps you not to lose the normal function of a single key. Because, CUE just monitor the key press, if the specified key is not pressed simultaneously, the action / macro doesn't kicks in.

Compared to single key actions / macro but still didn't lose normal key function. In this case CUE maybe hard to distinguish when actions / macro kicks in when not at every single key presses. But if it possible it would be much appreciated.

This function add flexibility to our keyboards. Especially Strafe, K65, K70 which doesn't have dedicated G keys.

And please make key press combination ability to change mode / profile.

E.g ---> Ctrl+F9 => change modes

Ctrl + F10 => change profile

2. Add ability to define parameter to assign shortcut action.

E.g C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe http://www.google.com

For now I just can write http://www.google.com & Google webpage open on my default browser (Firefox) not Microsoft Edge for example.

This feature very useful to run a common command on CMD, for example.

Lighting:

3. Ability to chose automatic randomized color for reactive typing lighting (per Key) effects on advanced lighting settings.

For now randomized color for reactive lighting only available in standard lighting configuration. In advanced setting you must choose a solid color.

I want my DotA group key, lights randomized color on every key presses, for example.

Or add this ability to every light effect (Solid, Gradient, ripple & wave), just add a simple checkbox "Use randomized color on every execution" I think ???

And I just set how the lighting effect triggered, how long the duration, intensity, how the lighting effect ended, etc.

a button / options to insert a random color to the intensity graph will also appreciated. Sometime it helps for lazy person like me :rofl: / when I have no idea what color to add. LoL

4. Space plot ability instead of time plot on gradient lighting effects on advanced lighting settings. Just like wave effect.

5. Key press on a group can trigger lighting effect on another group.

6. Ability ripple & wave lighting effect move back & forth on single trigger / execution.

In the lighting effect section, it's impossible to use a decimal. It makes it nearly impossible to sync my mouse lighting breathing effect (impossible to change in the mouse software) with my keyboard. My mouse has an about 5.5 second breathing time. I've included a screenshot so it's easier to tell what I mean.

I was wondering if non-integer numbers could be added.

(Edited out picture)

Just as a sidenote to your request. If it is exactly 5.5 seconds, you could make a double gradient that lasts 11 seconds.

Profile Switching option in Macro creator.

So I've been playing Skyforge and with the class changing in the game it has been really nice being able to swap my profiles for keyboard and mouse with a single button push BUT I'd really like to be able to have a single button both change my CUE profile as well as send message to the game to change my class:

IE:

enter

/class necromancer

enter

profile skyforge~necromancer

now the way I have started I actually have to break down the individual keystrokes to their own line in the macro ( / c l a s s <- each stroke a separate line in the macro editor) so it would be nice to not only have the profile change option in the macro editor but also a 'line text' option.

Perhaps this is already possible (I mean other than writing up a full macro in notepad) in a way I am totally unaware of.

• 2 weeks later...
While using Adobe Lightroom I would like to be able to press a key and have the keyboard both pass the keystroke to the app and switch to another mode. This will allow me to setup a "Library" mode and a "Develop" mode and have both Lightroom switch module and CUE switch mode when I press a single key. The newly selected mode will then highlight the appropriate keyboard shortcuts for that module.

• 2 weeks later...

When using a shortcut action to launch a program, the manual says:

If the custom program requires

additional startup arguments, in the

Program arguments (optional) field,

type the startup arguments for your

program.

Unfortunately, this input field is missing from the current version of the program. The workaround would be to use a .BAT wrapper, but this doesn't work, either: you get "Windows cannot find 'C:/Windows/System32/foo.bat'..." in a popup.

This effectively cripples the shortcut action feature.

Later edit: I got the workaround to work by moving foo.bat to the desktop

Edited by pdp
Insert the "Later edit" note