Corsair Community

M55 - Side button mapping

OsGamer

Are the side buttons on the left and right side of this mouse treated as mirrors of each other or are they all separately mappable?

I bought this mouse with the hope that the side buttons could be treated as Mouse buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 but the iCue software only shows remapping options for the Forward and Back (mouse 4 and 5) buttons. I want to bind keystrokes to the right side buttons while leaving the left side buttons as Mouse 4 and 5.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I think you are going to be stuck with the two opposing sides as mirrors. That is how every ambidextrous mouse I’ve ever seen works. While it’s theoretically possible to split the two sides and make one reassignable, you would always need to have the software running or have some kind of physical L/R selector switch to handle things when the software can’t run. I sort of remember one like this from another brand a few years back, but it was $150 and I still think the selector killed one side, not freed it up for other tasks.

• 5 months later...
Are the side buttons on the left and right side of this mouse treated as mirrors of each other or are they all separately mappable?

I bought this mouse with the hope that the side buttons could be treated as Mouse buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 but the iCue software only shows remapping options for the Forward and Back (mouse 4 and 5) buttons. I want to bind keystrokes to the right side buttons while leaving the left side buttons as Mouse 4 and 5.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Go to the settings page of your device and mark the box to enable all side buttons.

• 5 months later...

this is hte problem i'm having. I just recently got the M55 RGB Pro. the difference is i've verified the iCUE software is installed, running, and the checkbox for "Enable all side buttons" is checked. Evenso, the games i have only recognize the buttons for the left or right side, dependent on whether i have the checkbox in iCUE checked for "Enable Left Handed Mode".

My predicament is i use my left hand BUT i like to use the left mouse button for primary, since I'm primarily right-handed, but due to some discomfort in my wrist some years ago I switched to my left hand. Whilst i could probably go back to my right handed, i'm now so familiar wiht using my left I have to stick wtih it. So the situation is I have to disable "Enable Left Handed Mode" so the left mousue button is always primary. This means I can use the side buttons on the left-side, but I can't use them on the right. It's much easier for me to accidentally click the left side though, and i'd like to have both sides available for mapping.

The "Enable all side buttons" would fix my problem. Alternatively, just being able to switch the primary button would be helpful. Initially after i installed iCUE, i had it set to right-hand mode, but i changed hte primary button in windows to the left. This only worked in windows generic software, it failed to work in most games, since they seem to not respect the windows mouse setting defaults.

i have to believe "enable all side buttons" is a feature not available on this model.

Edited by machtoo

• 1 month later...

So I have your awnser! I was also really annoyed at finding that i couldn't initially use those buttons but you can! you do have to put in some extra work to get it to work but it is totally do able. First go in to iCUE application. If you have not installed this software. I highly recommend it, especially if you have/ ever going to have more Corsair products as it is a awesome GUI that helps you sync everything!

From the the initial screen that pops up, let's go up to the top left hand corner and click on the home tap.

Once here go ahead and click on the M55 RGB PRO icon.

now that you have this highlighted, click on the settings tab. this is not on the left hand pain. it is another tab at the top, this time it is the second to last tab.

Once you click on this it will open up another interface giving you additional options.

Right below the highlighted mouse icon, you should see the option to Enable left handed mode and then below that. the option to enable all side buttons.

This is only the first half! now that we have done this. let's go in and make sure we can use those buttons.

Let's have you click into an open space and then go to the Actions tab that is in the left hand pain. once you click on this, your should also see a + symbol at the end of the tab. click that.

From here it will let you assign a Macro to the other side of your mouse that you couldn't use before. Macro is one way of doing it, but the more effective way is actually clicking the drop down arrow to the right of where it says Macro. this will let you change the Forward and Back button to any other key and even tilt left and tilt right (I don't know what these are so I just assigned mine to - and =)

Like I said at the beginning, this is a very wonky way of doing it but it is an effective work around. let me know if this helped or if you have questions!

• 4 months later...