Corsair Community

CPU Temps

lmrn1

Hi all

New here so forgive me. Have had a look at some threads and still can't work out why my fans are over 1500rpm when CPU temp is between 47-51. On the link software it was showing CPU temp at 100 which would explain why the fans are ramped up. If I put them on motherboard they are nowhere near as high temps.

Is there a fix so the commander pro / icue links to the correct temp?

Only way I can stop them ramping up is by custom settings, no ideal.

Get off the three presets that use CPU as the hidden value. It is not a useful control variable for anything except a little CPU air cooler, but CPU temp is the only variable every PC system is guaranteed to have. The defaults could use a little tuning, but the first thing everyone should do is make their own curve -- even if you are going to use CPU temp. Then you can see and modify it to your needs. Your motherboard has different pre-programmed points, but all of this is meaningless. There is no Temp X should equal Fan Speed Y relationship and your case fans don't cool the CPU anyway.

Performance Tab, click the + to make a new "Cooling Mode". You can rename it and that is your custom curve. Quick fixes are to use GPU temp or motherboard temp to set the case fan curves. If you have a Corsair AIO, using the coolant temperature is another way to set up balance with the AIO fans. Ideally, the best long term solution is to use the temp sensors that come with the Commander. Rear exhaust temp, intake air temp can just be informational, but that is what you are regulating with the fan speeds. Regardless, what you really need from your case fans in a steady supply of air in and air out. They do not need to be reactive to hardware temps in most circumstances unless that fan is actually meant to the cool the device in question.