Corsair Community

H100i Pro XT Fan speed issue

Dedstar

Hello everyone.

I made my first pc ever about two weeks ago and went with a h100i pro xt. Today, about an hour ago for no reason my fans decided to start running at max speed constantly. I've tried the following -

1. Tried to change custom fan curve/try the quiet pre set in icue.

2. The pump is responding to icue and changing rpms, fans are not.

3. Verified all connections in between fans and on the motherboard.

4. Limited software control has no impact.

Specs -

Msi 2070 super gaming trio

Msi z490 tomahawk

16gb corsair vengeance pro 3600

Any support regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Try working down the steps in listed in the thread you just posted in. We can keep the conversation about it here and I don't know if you have the same issue or not. There have been a few of these for the Platinum/XT lately, but I have not seen a single dominant cause. Start with the software remedies before trying the firmware flash. I would start a Support Ticket now with Corsair. If nothing else, they need to get a count on the number of incidents.

Can you be a little more specific about what you were doing when the fan kicked to 100%? I would like to start trying to track that aspect. Was it at cold boot or restart? Just sitting on the desktop browsing/reading? Playing a game?

Try working down the steps in listed in the thread you just posted in. We can keep the conversation about it here and I don't know if you have the same issue or not. There have been a few of these for the Platinum/XT lately, but I have not seen a single dominant cause. Start with the software remedies before trying the firmware flash. I would start a Support Ticket now with Corsair. If nothing else, they need to get a count on the number of incidents.

Can you be a little more specific about what you were doing when the fan kicked to 100%? I would like to start trying to track that aspect. Was it at cold boot or restart? Just sitting on the desktop browsing/reading? Playing a game?

Hey, I tried the steps in there but they didn't work unfortunately.

What do you mean by firmware flash? Reset bios settings?

No, update/flash the XT firmware. First, try to use the update button in the iCUE settings for the XT. See if it will force it through the software normally. If it does not, there are steps listed here. As I stated in the other thread, you don't want to routinely flash the firmware on your AIO cooler and there is always a chance something goes wrong, regardless of brand. I am starting to wonder about the firmware, but there should also be a proximate cause if that's the case. On the desktop in software mode, the firmware shouldn't be doing anything. The software is in control. A more likely time to have a firmware glitch is on boot when the unit first powers on.
  • Thanks 1

Oh my god it worked.

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much headache this caused me, and how much headache you saved me from. Getting a replacement would have been a giant pain and I'm glad it doesn't have to come to that.

Again, thank you. I appreciate you taking the time.

Now my ears can rest and I can hear myself without the loud buzzing next to me.