Corsair Community

Corsair a100 - Accessing 2nd m.2 Socket

basejmpr

I recently purchased a Corsair One a100, and I would like to add a 2nd m.2 drive. The only video I can find on Corsair's site was made using an Intel version of the machine, which has a completely different layout.

According to the ROG Strix X570-I user guide, the 2nd m.2 socket is located in the same spot/area as the 1st m.2 socket, just on the underside of the MB. I've opened the machine to see if the 2nd socket is easily accessible, and it doesn't appear to be easily accessible.

Anyone know how to get at the 2nd m.2 socket in their Corsair One a100?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased a Corsair One a100, and I would like to add a 2nd m.2 drive. The only video I can find on Corsair's site was made using an Intel version of the machine, which has a completely different layout.

According to the ROG Strix X570-I user guide, the 2nd m.2 socket is located in the same spot/area as the 1st m.2 socket, just on the underside of the MB. I've opened the machine to see if the 2nd socket is easily accessible, and it doesn't appear to be easily accessible.

Anyone know how to get at the 2nd m.2 socket in their Corsair One a100?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Theoretically yes! it should be on the backside of the mobo. I researched this as well, considering doing the same (I haven't yet ordered my a100).

This system is has an Asus ROG X570 Strix board and the board manual from Asus's website does shows an m.2 slot on the back.

However, I wonder if it will actually be there?!?!? I say so because there appear to be differences between the X570 strip itx mobo Asus has on their website and what I can observe on the Corsair One material. Specifically the HDMI and Display Ports on rear IO panel appear to be deleted on Corsair one. Maybe Corsair is sourcing a "System Integrator" special version from Asus. Point being, the teardown to get to m.2 slot could be an exercise for nothing and you might find it was deleted too alongside the HDMI and DP on the rear IO.

Of course we won't know until someone does opens it up and has a look, if you decide to do so, be a good sport and post some results

Hey there, Uzi, it's definitely not easy to get to. I'd recommend reaching out to Support to see if they can give you assistance.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I contacted support; they told me it was doable, and "...we now have plans on writing an article with visual help thanks to your request! While there is no ETA on when the final draft will be finished, the information you're requesting will be available to the public in the near future."

That was about 2 weeks ago.

I have a 1TB MP600 Drive from my previous build, which I wanted to use as a game drive with my a100 that came with a 480GB MP600...

I reviewed and found the slot on the back of the motherboard... definitely not easily accessible. Even removing the graphics card you won't be able to get to it.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get to it will be to remove the motherboard, and even then you may run into space issues with the heatsink on an off the shelf MP600.

I didn't want to deal with that, so I bough a M.2 USB C enclosure and stuck it to the back of the case with gorilla double sided tape

• Corsair Employee
I have a 1TB MP600 Drive from my previous build, which I wanted to use as a game drive with my a100 that came with a 480GB MP600...

I reviewed and found the slot on the back of the motherboard... definitely not easily accessible. Even removing the graphics card you won't be able to get to it.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get to it will be to remove the motherboard, and even then you may run into space issues with the heatsink on an off the shelf MP600.

I didn't want to deal with that, so I bough a M.2 USB C enclosure and stuck it to the back of the case with gorilla double sided tape

You're absolutely right, the MP600's heatsink would me it difficult to install at the back of the motherboard as it's essentially sandwiched back-to-back with the GPU.