Corsair Community

4x8Gb Vengeance RGB Pro not work in Asus TUF x470 Plus

ralmeida20

Hello people!

I recently assembled a pc with the following parts:

Ryzen 7 2700 Processor

MoBo Asus TUF x470 Plus

GeForce GTX 1070 Evga Video Card

and memory Vengeance RBG Pro 3000mhz 4x8Gb (CMW16GX4M2C3000C15)

But ... I can't use the four memories together, just two on one motherboard channel! If I use one on each channel also does not work, if I use two on the other channel (DIMM A1 and A2) also does not work! It only works two memories in a single channel in slots DIMM B1 and B2.

What can it be? Because Mobo is working on Single Channel and not Dual Channel.

Note: I have rotated the memories and they are all working.

Anyone who has been through this, found a solution? Because I think my motherboard has a problem.

Edited by ralmeida20

• Corsair Employee

Hello ralmedia20,

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you may have dead slots on the motherboard or that the CPU isn't making perfect contact and is not utilizing that channel. You may want to try reseating your CPU and if that doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting ASUS.

• 9 months later...
Hello people!

I recently assembled a pc with the following parts:

Ryzen 7 2700 Processor

MoBo Asus TUF x470 Plus

GeForce GTX 1070 Evga Video Card

and memory Vengeance RBG Pro 3000mhz 4x8Gb (CMW16GX4M2C3000C15)

But ... I can't use the four memories together, just two on one motherboard channel! If I use one on each channel also does not work, if I use two on the other channel (DIMM A1 and A2) also does not work! It only works two memories in a single channel in slots DIMM B1 and B2.

What can it be? Because Mobo is working on Single Channel and not Dual Channel.

Note: I have rotated the memories and they are all working.

Anyone who has been through this, found a solution? Because I think my motherboard has a problem.

Hi friend. I have a same problem. I want to ask you, did you solved your problem? If solved, how?

I have too Asus Tuf X470 and AMD R7 2700X, Corsair RGB Pro 3200 Mhz 4x8 32 GB. When I try to 4x8, the system not starting at 3200 MHz. I can't start the games. I can use only 2. and 4. slots without any problems. I think motherboard has a problem.