Corsair Community

Double clicking when single click on IronClaw RGB Wireless

trajano

Just got my 3rd mouse RMA a few weeks ago after the middle mouse button got locked with the last two RMAs.

I didn't really notice it until today but I found that sometimes when I left click it registers as a left double click. I even uninstalled iCUE in case it was an iCUE issue but it is still manifesting.

Dong and firmware are at 1.15.107 and 1.11.52

It appears to be an issue with the current firmware. Downgrading makes it work again and restoring to the current brings back the double clicking behaviour. Is there a link where we can download just the firmware rather than uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE

This is the same fix as in the Harpoon https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193213&highlight=firmware

Edited by trajano

• Corsair Employee
It appears to be an issue with the current firmware. Downgrading makes it work again and restoring to the current brings back the double clicking behaviour. Is there a link where we can download just the firmware rather than uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE

This is the same fix as in the Harpoon https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193213&highlight=firmware

Our support team can assist with this if you have opened a ticket.

Hmm actually it happened again with the older firmware, but I did find a gem

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571-How-to-Reset-your-computer-mouse

I am testing that out right now. It worked okay with the older 0.11 firmware, but with the current 1.16 firmware it registers double clicks for practically every click now. (Maybe 99%)

I open up a support ticket with the details after I reverted things back. Here's the text

I recently got an RMA'ed mouse right now. I didn't really notice the problem earlier because it was very infrequent until I upgrade to recent versions of iCUE and the firmware.

At the most current version of iCUE and firmware, the phantom double click on left mouse button happens 99% of the time (there may be some off ones that work correctly)

When I reverted to iCUE 3.18.77 and firmware v0.11.80 the phantom double clicking amount is significantly less but still occurs maybe 1% of the time.

I have done both resets documented here https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025348571?input_string=double+clicking#h_db9fb2a9-f7f1-417b-a799-dcf61da5dcf6

It appears to help reduce the occurrence but still occurs at random.

I don't see anything particularly interesting in the logs.

On wireless mode the frequency is a little bit higher

Edited by trajano

• 2 weeks later...

Support has provided me the older version of the firmware which I can apply into the current version of iCUE which has the errant firmware. Going to test it out for a bit, but so far so good.

I have asked Corsair support if they can post the file into the forums so others can benefit.

UPDATE: The support staff says they are not able to put it in.

Edited by trajano

I've reached out to support, and you should receive a response shortly. If you don't receive a response in the next day or two, feel free to PM me, and I'll escalate the issue in the Technical Support Team.

I got the firmware and it works most of the time, I still get the occassional double click issue. I reached out with support and they have indicated that they handle replacements.

Should I request another one? Since I am getting another issue with the mouse not registering in ICUE properly until I reboot. (Note the mouse still functions though).

I am wondering if it is because I am using the older firmware. Is there anyone with the mouse that is using it with the current firmware with no issues?

Seems to be occurring again even with the old firmware. To temporarily resolve it again I have to update to the latest firmware (which gives phantom double-clicks more often and reload the old firmware again).

UPDATE: actually even with the process it is still doing random double clicks with the old firnware. I am using on wired mode FYI.

UPDATE: just to eliminate the possibility, I have removed the dongle from my PC as well and it's still doing the phantom double-clicks.

@Corsair Should I get another RMA? This would be the 4th one now I think.

Edited by trajano