Corsair Community

Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

I have an Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha MoBo. It has Aura RGB (not Aura Sync) lighting. Does this mean I will not be able to control the Motherboard or Asus GPU lighting via iCUE? I'm not seeing it in iCUE, so I assume that's my answer since the sync plugin appears to be out of beta and included in the latest release of iCUE, but I just want to be sure.

If so, where is the Aura RGB standalone software download to control the zones independently of iCUE?

It's listed under "Aura Lighting Control" V1.01.16 but that's an outdated version and is the same as "Aura Sync". So just grab it from here https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html, install it BUT DONT RUN IT! (aka open the main GUI interface) As it will conflict with iCue otherwise. Then Restart iCue and if the board is supported, iCue should show a motherboard icon.

• 4 weeks later...
After uninstalling an older version of Aura Sync and cleaning out the registry using Revo Uninstaller, I was able to install the latest version of Aura Sync. Today I also installed an ROG-STRIX-RTX2060S-A8G-GAMING Graphics Card. Neither the MoBo or Graphics Card are appearing in iCUE. I am not running Aura and I have already tried a restart. Any recommendations?

• 6 months later...
The graphics card shows up in iCUE now and I can set the lighting, but the MoBo still does not. Any suggestions for how to set the case lighting or logo on the MoBo? I no longer have the Aura Lighting Control app which is how I used to set that lighting. Currently iCUE, Aura Sync, and Armoury Crate are installed with only iCUE running. None of the three appear to provide control of that lighting.