Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

• Corsair Employee
Just an update to say that this certainly has NOT been solved.

I've been running the old firmware without problem since my post some months ago. A few days ago I updated to latest f/w available to give it a try and straight away double-clicks were apparent. A re-downgrade to the old f/w and disappeared again.

To add, my wifes mouse had been working with only intermittent double clicks on an f/w from around December but suddenly ramped up the frequency in the last week or so - curiously without a f/w upgrade or anything! A downgrade to the old 0.5* f/w instantly fixed it.

To confirm, I have not uninstalled, reinstalled or fiddled with the iCue software on either of the machines, only the mouse/dongle firmwares.

As a reminder, the old f/w can be found at the link below - with thanks to @SlugMan for providing it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2qskaftkm...82%29.zip?dl=0

Thank you AndyCubb for your feedback. To confirm, we did release a new FW update this week with some changes that should improve the experience and eliminate the double clicking issue. We're still awaiting additional units from the field to expand our sample size and conduct further testing, and will provide further updates.

I encourage everyone to try the new FW update and provide feedback based on your experience, positive or negative, so I can relay that information to our team.

Edited by Corsair Nick

Thank you AndyCubb for your feedback. To confirm, we did release a new FW update this week with some changes that should improve the experience and eliminate the double clicking issue. We're still awaiting additional units from the field to expand our sample size and conduct further testing, and will provide further updates.

I encourage everyone to try the new FW update and provide feedback based on your experience, positive or negative, so I can relay that information to our team.

Just to let you know, that the update did not fix the double click issue. However, it did ruin and brick my dongle and cause more double clicking issues than before. Now I cannot even force the USB dongle or the the mouse to update to an older firmware.

The update has made the mouse from somewhat difficult to use, to basically unusable. Any suggestions?

I have tried the new firmware and it makes the issue even worse. Almost every single click is now a double + click. Holding onto the left click will also register several clicks.

I reverted to an older version, Mouse Firmware v.0.5.64, and the issue persists around half the time when left clicking. Does anyone know a version that is currently better and can attach the file to update?

Corsair technical support would like to replace the product, but I feel like the variability due to just software alone suggests that I may not need to replace the device.

@Corsair Nick, could you guys look into a newer firmware update that renders the mouse useable? Thanks

@lilraimond,

Corsair support sent me a new replacement wireless Harpoon mouse, in trade for my stuttering double clicking mouse, at no cost to me. I understand that this trade did not fix the firmware problem, so I plan to keep using the old firmware for my new mouse.

But here is why I think this trade benefits everyone: Corsair can use my old double click'n mouse to test with, and hopefully fix the firmware (or what ever else might be going on). So please give some thought as to whether or not you would work with Corsair to replace your product.

Edited by RainerB

I have the same issue and it is driving me crazy - a single click often results in 3 or 4 instances occurring. I have deleted the mouse through the device manager - all 4 instances and only one actually disables the mouse - on reinstall all 4 mice are back. Help

@CorsairNick - The firmware my iCue is offering is still version 1.7.58 which is what I have tried previously and confirm does not help.

Judging by the other responses about it either making it worse or preventing a downgrade, I will not be re-trying it either!

If you have a beta firmware or a direct link to an alternative, I (and I'm sure a lot of others on here) will be more than happy to test it.

Just registered to provide feedback:

Windows 10, x64 on the newest updates:

The dongle version does not seem to matter; using the cable seems to bring the same issues. Either way:

iCUE 3.18.77 with mouse FW 1.9.85:

- driver registering 4 times for a single physical device, 3 of which are virtual

- left double-click 25 out of 1000 clicks

- right double-click 1 out of 1000 clicks (confirmed faulty, not random, might be physical damage)

iCUE 3.18.77 with mouse FW 0.5.64:

- driver registering 3 times for a single physical device, 2 of which are virtual

- left double-click 0 out of 1000 clicks

- right double-click 0 out of 1000 clicks

Andy copied the wrong link above, so here's the old firmware. Download the one you need (the bin in a .zip for most of you) and install it via ICUE -> settings -> firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2qskaftkmit98u/Harpoon%20Wireless%20-%20Dongle%20FW%200.5.49%20-%20Mouse%20FW%200.5.64%20%282%29.zip?dl=0

EDIT 2 days later:

The old FW does not come with the double-click issue, BUT it's not really good in other ways: the mouse feels heavy and slow, e.g. when it's idle for some seconds, it takes a moment to react again. That means that the first fracture of a second of movement, the cursor does not react. I am not too sure what's worse, this or the double-click issue, tbh.

EDIT 3 days later:

The issues coming with the old FW feel worse than the occassional double-click. I will go back to the newer version, which comes with double clicks. It's a pain in the *** either way.

Edited by Sinsali

It's almost the middle of June and there's still no fix for this? That's funny.

I'm using the downgraded firmware and I'm still getting this issue. Is there anything I can do?

Have you ruled out physical damage?

Delete the extra installed devices via the device manager, if you feel comfortable doing so.

So the newest update does not resolve the problem. ~ 1/5 clicks is a double click still. Its surprising how much more frustrating your day becomes when when you have to double check every click to make sure only 1 click was registered. It really sucks the life out of anything you do...

Mouse (K70 RGB MK.2 LP, RGP0075) is currently running firmware 3.24 and ICUE is on 3.29.110

Registered just to say I'm having this same issue.

Harpoon RGB Wireless currently running firmware 1.9.85, dongle firmware 1.7.58 ICUE is on 3.29.110

I use this mouse on both my personal gaming computer and my work computer.

Its gotten to the point where it's unusable.

I raised a support ticket last week and haven't heard peep from them.

I'm about to throw this POS mouse away and move away from Corsair.

I also registered just to say that this problem started for me after ICUE updated my firmware to v 1.9.85. I have the Corsair Harpoon RGB wireless and it is infuriating. I am close to throwing this thing away and using my mouse pad until I get another (which won't be Corsair).

Have registered also to say that this is still an issue. Just got my mouse this week and noticed the doubleclick issue immediately, though it took me a minute to figure out what was happening. While mine is a refurb from the Corsair Outlet on Amazon, the presence of the issue in numerous new mice in this thread makes me believe this is not a fault of my mouse. Whatever new update was rolled out at the beginning of June did NOT fix this. I have rolled back to the old firmware posted earlier in the thread, but have noticed the occasional stuttering (usually followed by a pop up from iCue telling me to update the firmware... not sure if the check iCue is doing causes the stuttering or if the stuttering is triggering the notification), so this is not a good longterm workaround. Incidentally, I did notice the issue mentioned before where multiple devices are detected (the dongle and the mouse were showing up in iCue as separate devices until I resynced them), and messing around with settings prior to rolling back the firmware did little to alleviate the problem.

I downloaded the earlier firmware posted by Sinsali posted at the bottom of p4. Clicked 100 times got no double clicks.

@Corsair Nick can you confirm if the devs have post secondary education and/or are being paid? For a company that does peripherals to not be able to fix a mouse firmware for months on end while still selling these mice, is kind of embarrassing ngl. Trash as much you can, rewrite the firmware using your brain, and push an update when the issues are resolved; don't see whats so difficult about that. Better yet, work from the earlier firmware that yields better results, and improve upon those!

Instead the dev team chooses to work backwards and send an update that is worse :thinking:

Edited by Steezeballl

Have the same problem - periodic double left clicks, multiple entries in device manager etc., compounded by other iCue issues in general and the current lack of release notes.

Please Corsair, can you make it clearer what is changing in releases? It makes it very hard for the community to help you resolve issues if you don't communicate properly with us.

I downloaded the earlier firmware posted by Sinsali posted at the bottom of p4. Clicked 100 times got no double clicks.

@Corsair Nick can you confirm if the devs have post secondary education and/or are being paid? For a company that does peripherals to not be able to fix a mouse firmware for months on end while still selling these mice, is kind of embarrassing ngl. Trash as much you can, rewrite the firmware using your brain, and push an update when the issues are resolved; don't see whats so difficult about that. Better yet, work from the earlier firmware that yields better results, and improve upon those!

Instead the dev team chooses to work backwards and send an update that is worse :thinking:

Thanks for highlighting that this worked. I've just downgraded to this firmware and so far, it seems better.

This situation has really turned my opinion on Corsair, whom of which I have historically been a fan of. I was considering purchasing one of their high end keyboards but I'm going to pass now.

I never even heard back from their support team on a ticket I submitted 10 days ago :(

I run a global service desk, I would think some KPI is tanking right now. This is no way to treat customers.

Just signed up to say this problem has definitely not been solved. I have a Harpoon RGB Wireless and the double-clicking/multi-clicking started about a month ago (I bought it maybe 4 months or so ago).

I've tried everything in this thread but the double-clicking issue still persists, so I suspect it may be a hardware issue for me.

The double-clicking and multi-clicking while holding down the mouse happens seemingly at random, but it feels like it happens a lot more if I press around the middle of the left mouse button than if I press the outside edge or close to the middle mouse button. That being said, it can still happen pretty much anywhere I click, often at the most annoying of times.

I bought my mouse while I was overseas in Taiwan so I guess I have no hope of getting a replacement or refund. It's a shame, really, because I actually quite liked the mouse before this problem started and was going to recommend it to my brother and some of my mates, but this double clicking issue is so damn frustrating for both work and gaming that it completely ruins any redeeming quality that it has.

Hopefully Corsair takes this problem seriously and avoids it for future products.

It's the contact inside the micro switches.

Either RMA, clean them and level the contact plate, or replace them with better switches.

Video that shows hot to fix the existing switches when there is a double click issue.

[ame]

[/ame]

The issue will return in time though, probably because the wrong alloy is used for those cheaper switches.

Edited by Mineria

It's the contact inside the micro switches.

Either RMA, clean them and level the contact plate, or replace them with better switches.

If this is the solution to this problem, why does rolling back the firmware provide a lasting improvement, when this hardware problem will return?

If you are replying to one person specifically who thinks their problem is a hardware problem, please clarify.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your experience guys. We have received a number of units from the community, that have confirmed repeated issues, to expand our test group size for FW updates. There is progress in enhancing the FW, and once we are confident that the behavior has been corrected, we can release it. I'll update you all once I know more information.

I was considering purchasing one of their high end keyboards but I'm going to pass now.

I never even heard back from their support team on a ticket I submitted 10 days ago :(

I'd recommend not passing it up. I've had 3 corsair keyboards and I would buy 3 more. People are often quick to jump ship once a single product from their preferred brand doesn't work as expected, when realistically these are issues you will inevitably face with any electronic brand.

For example, you might decide to pick up a razer keyboard. Over the past few years whenever my friends would have issues with games not launching, crashing, etc, first thing I'd have them do is close their razer software. Funny enough, 9 times out of 10, fully closing razer synapse would fix most game issues. Basically, you'll never escape having software problems regardless which brand you go with; computers are sensitive and sometimes they won't play nice. BTW razer synapse isn't anywhere as bad as it used it be, I don't mean to scare people away from razer.

As for poor support from Corsair, if you've tried to do anything service or support related (non-corsair) in the last few months, you wouldn't hold it against them. Currently the whole world is in disarray, and expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

Have you ruled out physical damage?

Delete the extra installed devices via the device manager, if you feel comfortable doing so.

late but yes there is no hardware issue. and that didn't fix the issue.