Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Two months ago I bought the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE and it was working fine at the beginning. Some issues where present like:

- dongle blinking in red, but headset was working fine

- multiple VIRTUOSO SE (1), VIRTUOSO SE (1)(1), VIRTUOSO SE (1)(1)(1) devices present in icue

After few updates on the icue software and a firmware update to my headset/dongle I still have those issues but more appeared.

- when dongle starts blink in red the headset is not working anymore. This happen when I am more than 3-4 meters (9-13 foot) away from my pc/dongle

- When I am playing Doom Eternal, sound starts cracking sometimes, in the middle of the game, not immediately, have to switch to usb and back to wireless

- Similar cracking appear sometimes when start using headphones from standby, have to switch to usb and back to wireless

after the last icue update I have one more problem:

- Battery empty after 1 hour of use, before I was able to play a game for 3-4 hours, then listen to music and watching to youtube with just 1 charge a day or every two days. Now If i take a full charged headset after an hour it will be empty.

what to do? someone have the same issues?

Wait for a new firmware update?

A new icue software?

Ask amazon for a replacment?

Still have crackling almost every single time I use the headphones in wireless mode and the mic still doesn't work in wired mode. This headset is essentially useless.

****ing pathetic of Corsair to not address any of these issues after multiple months of complaint from tons of customers. Basically took our money and gave us the finger, never going to touch another Corsair product again and same for all my buds. How about you take these piece of sh!t headset back and return our $?

• Corsair Employee
I've been working with our development and support teams regarding the headset not working in wireless for audio, but will work over USB. In Windows under "Bluetooth and other devices settings" with the headset set to Wireless and the dongle plugged in, does the Virtuoso show up under audio devices? Also, does the LED on the dongle light up at all when you plug it into any USB port on the PC? I also recommend plugging the dongle directly to the motherboard if you currently have it connected to a USB hub.

I've been working with our development and support teams regarding the headset not working in wireless for audio, but will work over USB. In Windows under "Bluetooth and other devices settings" with the headset set to Wireless and the dongle plugged in, does the Virtuoso show up under audio devices? Also, does the LED on the dongle light up at all when you plug it into any USB port on the PC? I also recommend plugging the dongle directly to the motherboard if you currently have it connected to a USB hub.

As I am currently in the process of returning the headset is there any ETA on firmware and/or software fixes? Because if not, I will return it right now as long as I can regarding the fact that for a 210 Euro headset the software and firmware related issues are just abysmal.

Yes, the device is present in device manager with the name: CORSAIR VIRTUOSO SE Wireless Gaming Headset.

The problem with VIRTUSOSO SE(1), VIRTUSOSO SE(1)(1), VIRTUSOSO SE(1)(1)(1) is only present in icue software

The dongle is lightening up when it's inserted in my Laptop USB port. First it's red and after a couple of seconds it's become white. But If I move about 15 foot (more than 4 meters) away from my laptop I loose the sound on my headphones and the dongle start blinking red. Have to get closer to get sound again. After getting sound back sometimes the dongle continue to flash red, sometimes it's come back to white.

The major issue is battery life, I get only 1 hour, the headphones are NEW! They was performing ok, regarding battery life, before the last update.

After they become discharged(red light on the headphones + voice telling that to me) I fully charge them in less then 30 minutes. I only charged them trough my laptop usb port, never used any other method and yes with the original usb cable only.

Edited by suran

Unfortunately I am not the only one...

I am an VIRTUOSO SE user. OR to be precise VIRTUOSO SE (1)(1)(1).

I also got my beautiful collection of problems and bugs. There are a few things I tried out, but it seems to me that there is no solution that I could do on my own. Most of my problems also happens on Linux and mac.

Switched to every USB slot. Downloaded every version and combination of soft- and firmware. Nope. It is likely a hardware issue.

Given the high criticism in this forum, it could be design related.

So I contacted the support. And that's where the real Problems occurred.

I get no response, phone hotline is no reachable. The first ticket is nearly a week old by no.

2 Possibilities:

1) Corsair don't care

Solution: return this expensive crap (but I really like this headset)

2) Corsair is bankrupt

But that is what I am going to do if don't get an answer.

It is really sad to see this, but I will not pay €200 and be your beta tester.

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately I am not the only one...

I am an VIRTUOSO SE user. OR to be precise VIRTUOSO SE (1)(1)(1).

I also got my beautiful collection of problems and bugs. There are a few things I tried out, but it seems to me that there is no solution that I could do on my own. Most of my problems also happens on Linux and mac.

Switched to every USB slot. Downloaded every version and combination of soft- and firmware. Nope. It is likely a hardware issue.

Given the high criticism in this forum, it could be design related.

So I contacted the support. And that's where the real Problems occurred.

I get no response, phone hotline is no reachable. The first ticket is nearly a week old by no.

2 Possibilities:

1) Corsair don't care

2) Corsair is bankrupt

But that is what I am going to do if don't get an answer.

It is really sad to see this, but I will not pay €200 and be your beta tester.

Can you do me a favor an outline more of the issues you are experiencing beyond the renamed device in iCUE? The additional details helps us with addressing the issues through the various teams.

I can assure you that we do care about this issue, which is why I've been responding in this thread, and relaying information to our development teams. Given the current situation that most of the world is going through right now, we are experiencing high volumes of inquiries. Completely understand your frustration in getting a resolution, but right now is a less than ideal situation for a lot of people, and we are working to make this as easy and efficient process. Once you provide your feedback, I'll respond back and hopefully have some guidance for you.

Yeah that's what I've done and it's been working and sounding fantastic even especially with Atmos's eq. This is what I've found gives it a great sounding fairly neutral profile

https://imgur.com/a/TPHc95X

hello, im about to buy the corsair virtuoso se as im in love with the design, quality materials and the mic. im afraid with all these problems mentioned in the forum.

can u help me with my desicion please :( i have me some doubts: in your experience..

- are all these problems related with icue?, could i use them without problems without installing icue, only with dolby atmos and windows driver?

- have you problems with the only 1 hour battery without icue (only windows drive + atmos)

- i also heared that mic doesnt work propertly, had you experienced that with or without icue?

- i heared that they are unconfortable but its really so terrible? i used an arctis 7 without problems and i have small ears and head

- if i use them without icue, what are the default colour of the RGB when its connected, is always in raibow effect or static colour? is anyway to disable the RGB when you use them with your method (windows driver+atmos, no icue installed)?

hope u can help me in my desicion, i can wait for a future icue solution if it works perfectly without icue and only atmos installed.:[pouts::o:

New user of the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE.

Started out liking them, but now after just one day.

Battery don't last 20 hrs even with lighting off.

I found comparing them to my Astor gaming a40 tr I found missing sound as in subwoofer in 7.1 games was below listing range. The sound in other channels were off and caused distraction.

I started getting crackling noises but not bad.

It lost pairing two time in one day.

I tried all connections, wireless, USB, plug.

I liked the sound in non gaming listing to music, but the primary use is gaming.

iCUE is latest and all drivers up to date.

While using the USB connection I find the USB plug on the HP end too long and drags against my shoulder causing noise in the HP, a 90% angle plug would take care of the problem where it's straight now.

Fit and comfort are great but I can't get past the sound. Returning...

Edited by R1031
So now after 1 day of use.

Anyone that is having battery problem= Turn LED brightness OFF. or atleast lower it, in iCue!

I turned it off completely , now i get 18-19 hours From Full to shutdown! I kid you not.

I do think it's weird for them to ship the headset with the claim of 16hours whilst having LED brightness on 100% as default. There should be some kind of information in iCue that says the LEDs obliterate battery life.

I am now very happy with this headset.

hello, im about to buy the corsair virtuoso se as im in love with the design, quality materials and the mic. im afraid with all these problems mentioned in the forum.

can u help me with my desicion please :( i have me some doubts: in your experience..

- are all these problems related with icue?, could i use them without problems without installing icue, only with dolby atmos and windows driver?

- have you problems with the only 1 hour battery without icue (only windows drive + atmos)

- i also heared that mic doesnt work propertly, had you experienced that with or without icue?

- i heared that they are unconfortable but its really so terrible? i used an arctis 7 without problems and i have small ears and head

- if i use them without icue, what are the default colour of the RGB when its connected, is always in raibow effect or static colour? is anyway to disable the RGB when you use them with your method (windows driver+atmos, no icue installed)?

hope u can help me in my desicion, i can wait for a future icue solution if it works perfectly without icue and only atmos installed.:[pouts::o:

So my experience might be a little different than others since I haven't had the problem with the loose volume wheel that some others have talked about but I'll do my best to give answers.

-Yeah it seems like they were all releated to iCue, because as soon as I removed it I stopped having the static every half hour to two hours and having to hard reset the headset in wireless mode.

- My battery life has been pretty rock solid without it still lasts like 8-10 hours on a full charge. However, full charge is kinda hard to tell, it seems the range of battery in the "green" light on the headset is about half of the battery. So the times I've unplugged it as soon as it hits green have sometimes reduced battery life to 4 ish hours, but leaving them plugged in for a little while while after green has offered better life.

-I haven't personally had a problem with the microphone with or without iCue. However I have had the most recent drivers on the headset and dongle before I uninstalled iCue, not sure if that makes a difference

- I have had a couple experiences with it being a little uncomfortable but not absurdly so. I have a small head but ears that stick out a bit, so the pressure on my head from the phones is not hard or uncomfortable, but I have had the tip top of one ear rub against the inside a little, but not to the point where it rashes or anything.

-I have not found a way to disable the LED on them, however the default is a pretty mellow teal/ice blue on the Corsair logos that I presonally find looks nice but mileage may vary

So I have had maybe two times in the last month after installing icue that the headset static'd out again, but it was after multiple days of them without power cylcing them and a quick off/on fixed it up again.

I love em, but they are kinda pricey for the dumb issues they've shipped with. If you're not 100% sure I'd say wait until this patch that Corsair Nick in this thread has talked about and see how it performs for everyone that's been having problems.

Hope I could help!

Can you do me a favor an outline more of the issues you are experiencing beyond the renamed device in iCUE? The additional details helps us with addressing the issues through the various teams.

I can assure you that we do care about this issue, which is why I've been responding in this thread, and relaying information to our development teams. Given the current situation that most of the world is going through right now, we are experiencing high volumes of inquiries. Completely understand your frustration in getting a resolution, but right now is a less than ideal situation for a lot of people, and we are working to make this as easy and efficient process. Once you provide your feedback, I'll respond back and hopefully have some guidance for you.

Appreciate the work that you are putting in. Can't be easy in these uncertain times.

I, for one, can say that I haven't had any hardware, software or driver issues with the Virtuoso SE. I personally use the Dolby Atmos Windows app for surround, and it works fantastic.

The one thing I wish I could do is prevent the Virtuoso from muting and unmuting on profile switch. I use auto profile switching (which works less than half the time, but that is a different thread post). Either auto profile switching or manual, the Virtuoso remembers the mute state from profiles so I am constantly having to pay attention to it. Is it possible to remove the Virtuoso from profile switching?

So my experience might be a little different than others since I haven't had the problem with the loose volume wheel that some others have talked about but I'll do my best to give answers.

-Yeah it seems like they were all releated to iCue, because as soon as I removed it I stopped having the static every half hour to two hours and having to hard reset the headset in wireless mode.

- My battery life has been pretty rock solid without it still lasts like 8-10 hours on a full charge. However, full charge is kinda hard to tell, it seems the range of battery in the "green" light on the headset is about half of the battery. So the times I've unplugged it as soon as it hits green have sometimes reduced battery life to 4 ish hours, but leaving them plugged in for a little while while after green has offered better life.

-I haven't personally had a problem with the microphone with or without iCue. However I have had the most recent drivers on the headset and dongle before I uninstalled iCue, not sure if that makes a difference

- I have had a couple experiences with it being a little uncomfortable but not absurdly so. I have a small head but ears that stick out a bit, so the pressure on my head from the phones is not hard or uncomfortable, but I have had the tip top of one ear rub against the inside a little, but not to the point where it rashes or anything.

-I have not found a way to disable the LED on them, however the default is a pretty mellow teal/ice blue on the Corsair logos that I presonally find looks nice but mileage may vary

So I have had maybe two times in the last month after installing icue that the headset static'd out again, but it was after multiple days of them without power cylcing them and a quick off/on fixed it up again.

I love em, but they are kinda pricey for the dumb issues they've shipped with. If you're not 100% sure I'd say wait until this patch that Corsair Nick in this thread has talked about and see how it performs for everyone that's been having problems.

Hope I could help!

thank you very much!!, i think i can manage using the corsair without icue until they release a solution for the software and corsair drivers, my biggest incognit was the default rgb colour because without icue we cant change that, im afraid of using them with a rainbow coloufull effect xD, i will totally dislike that, the minimalist blue static colour that you said when is conected is perfect to me. thank you very much mate!!!

PD: the headset dont rember the rgb config after uninstalling icue?

PD: the headset dont rember the rgb config after uninstalling icue?

It does. And it is also possible to turn off the RGB entirely in iCue.

The only thing it doesn't remember is the checkbox to not have the green mic led. As soon as iCue is quit it starts glowing.

The Headset shows up under Audio devices but for some reason it has the icon next to it as if it was a phone? Im not sure if its supposed to look like that but to me it looks like a smartphone... (dont know if this affects anything)

It does. And it is also possible to turn off the RGB entirely in iCue.

The only thing it doesn't remember is the checkbox to not have the green mic led. As soon as iCue is quit it starts glowing.

thank you very much, so i can install icue only for turn off the RGB, then uninstall it completely (also icue drivers) and plug in the corsairs again to use with windows driver + dolby atmos O:

only one question, do you recommend update the headset firmware and dongle before uninstall icue or these firmware updates came out with issues too ?:sigh!:

thank you very much, so i can install icue only for turn off the RGB, then uninstall it completely (also icue drivers) and plug in the corsairs again to use with windows driver + dolby atmos O:

only one question, do you recommend update the headset firmware and dongle before uninstall icue or these firmware updates came out with issues too ?:sigh!:

I think you should let it install the latest firmware before uninstalling. They adress poor mic performance (on the SE) and sluggish volume control response among other things. Haven't noticed any downside.

I think you should let it install the latest firmware before uninstalling. They adress poor mic performance (on the SE) and sluggish volume control response among other things. Haven't noticed any downside.

perfect! thank you very much for the reply. i will off the lady voice indicator for battery low, mic on mic off, etc. before uninstall icue, hope the headset remember this too after that :P .:p:

• Corsair Employee
Appreciate the work that you are putting in. Can't be easy in these uncertain times.

I, for one, can say that I haven't had any hardware, software or driver issues with the Virtuoso SE. I personally use the Dolby Atmos Windows app for surround, and it works fantastic.

The one thing I wish I could do is prevent the Virtuoso from muting and unmuting on profile switch. I use auto profile switching (which works less than half the time, but that is a different thread post). Either auto profile switching or manual, the Virtuoso remembers the mute state from profiles so I am constantly having to pay attention to it. Is it possible to remove the Virtuoso from profile switching?

Thanks for understanding. It is a less than ideal time right now, but we're still working on resolving all these issues.

I tested and confirmed the behavior you mentioned, and forwarded a response to our development team to clarify if this is a bug or not. As soon as I get a response if this is intended, I'll give you an update.

Hello everyone.

I've bought this headset not so long time ago as well. It will be maybe 7 days for now. In last 4 days I also started having exactly same issues like described here by other users. Dongle flashing red, losing connectivity etc.

I hope it will be fixed in next update of iCUE for Windows 10 as this is unacceptable for product of this quality to have such issues for so long like I've read here.

Hi everyone,

I bought my virtuoso se the last week and i need help with something, I left charging the headphones all night and part of the day (more than 20 hours) but the green LED always flashes and in ICUE it always says "charging", also i tried to charge it outside the PC and the same thing happens, i never see the led green fixed.

did anyone have this problem?