Corsair Community

USB Devices keeps disconnecting

MuRado

My whole systems is filled with Corsair Products so I'm using the iCUE software to control for example fan speed and RGB stuff.

For a while it happends like ones a day but recently my USB devices keep turning off and on again like every half an hour or so. I have all the latest updates for all my peripherals and my drivers all up to date.

I have already tried to reinstall iCUE, but with no success. The only thing that works is whenever I Quit iCUE my USB devices never turn off and on again...

I'm not sure anymore how to fix this since turning off iCUE is not a solution.

What are all of your devices, could be a few things? If you have any USB items daisy chained, I would only limit one device chained to it i.e. KB pass through to mouse. I would not hook mouse pad to keyboard then mouse to mouse pad, etc. You could also be drawling a lot on the 5v rail. A 750w might seem like a lot, the wattage is split between the different rails. Using iCUE might be leveraging this. Also, if you have your LEDs all set to white, then that will use the most power. It could also be other things like firmware, PSU failure, or MB.
  • Confused 1

What are all of your devices, could be a few things? If you have any USB items daisy chained, I would only limit one device chained to it i.e. KB pass through to mouse. I would not hook mouse pad to keyboard then mouse to mouse pad, etc. You could also be drawling a lot on the 5v rail. A 750w might seem like a lot, the wattage is split between the different rails. Using iCUE might be leveraging this. Also, if you have your LEDs all set to white, then that will use the most power. It could also be other things like firmware, PSU failure, or MB.

Sorry for the late reply.

I have the Corsair K55 RGB keyboard, Corsair Harpoon mouse and the Corsair MM800 RGB mousepad. All are separate connected to my computer. Nothing is daisy chained.

Currently im using Rainbow wave on all my leds. Inside my computer I have 6 HD120 fans running off a Corsair Command with 4 led strips aswell.

I know everything draws a lot of wattage but 750w should be plenty to run almost two of these systems (not exact but you know what I mean :D).

Like I said all firmware of the devices are up to date

Which devices, specifically, keep disconnecting? Is it just the keyboard, mouse and mousepad? Or does the Commander Pro disconnect as well?

And ... while 750W does seem like a lot, most of that is on the 12V rail. These are all on the 5V rail, which, IIRC, is limited to 20W on the RM750x. That said, you are well under that.

• Confused 1

Which devices, specifically, keep disconnecting? Is it just the keyboard, mouse and mousepad? Or does the Commander Pro disconnect as well?

And ... while 750W does seem like a lot, most of that is on the 12V rail. These are all on the 5V rail, which, IIRC, is limited to 20W on the RM750x. That said, you are well under that.

Just the keyboard, mouse and mousepad

So ... solarity's theory may still be valid. Here's the thing ... depending on how the motherboard is internally hooked together, multiple ports may be on the same logical hub. In which case - again, depending on how it's hooked together - you could be overdrawing the current on that hub.

So ... question ... are these connected to USB 2 or USB 3 ports?

So ... solarity's theory may still be valid. Here's the thing ... depending on how the motherboard is internally hooked together, multiple ports may be on the same logical hub. In which case - again, depending on how it's hooked together - you could be overdrawing the current on that hub.

So ... question ... are these connected to USB 2 or USB 3 ports?

Right, now I understand what he ment with that!

My keyboard and mouse are connected to USB3.1 (Gen2, type A), my MM800 mousepad and my Corsair Void Wireless adapter is connected to USB 2.0.

Besides those 4 I don't use any USB port's on my MOBO. I sometimes use the front USB to charge my Corsair Void headset.

I would definitely put the MM800 on a USB 3 port ... USB 3 has higher power delivery than USB 2. The Void Wireless is fine on USB 2, as is the mouse. In fact, you can put the MM800 into USB 3 and then connect the mouse to it - that's exactly how mine is set up and it works just fine.

I would definitely put the MM800 on a USB 3 port ... USB 3 has higher power delivery than USB 2. The Void Wireless is fine on USB 2, as is the mouse. In fact, you can put the MM800 into USB 3 and then connect the mouse to it - that's exactly how mine is set up and it works just fine.

For now I put my mm800 to a USB3 port, I don't like to have too many cables on my desk so I would rather not have my mouse plugged in onto the mousepad.

Let's see if changing the mousepad to a USB3.0 port fixes the problem.

So far swapping my MM800 mousepad to a USB3.0 port was the solution for my problem. Thanks a lot!

• 9 months later...

ok - just disgusted is not even the right word here. I have the Scimitar Pro and I've had it for years but I've used for maybe 20 minutes in all those years. This is not the first time I've posted about this issue but it will the last time. Today comes the day that I am DONE, JUST D. O. N. E. with Corsair and ALL their products. Memory, Cases, Mice, Mousey pads - Power Supplies - you name it, if it has Corsair on it I won't go NEAR it with a 20 foot rod and I'm telling ALL my customers to do the same - STAY THE FRAP AWAY FROM CORSAIR!

I've been fighting the mouse disconnect issue on 12 machines for I don't even KNOW how long - so long I forgot WHEN exactly it was I bought this Scimitar Pro.

I've tried EVERY port on ALL those computers too. USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 - nothing but disconnect, reconnect, sometime a few times each minutes and in nearly every case it takes MANY MINUTES to reconnect. On a couple of the machines, I even had to REBOOT to reset the USB to get it working again and ALWAYS within 30 to 180 seconds it just disconnects again. a complete Joke - how in @#$ did this thing EVERY get out of Quality?

ok - just disgusted is not even the right word here. I have the Scimitar Pro and I've had it for years but I've used for maybe 20 minutes in all those years. This is not the first time I've posted about this issue but it will the last time. Today comes the day that I am DONE, JUST D. O. N. E. with Corsair and ALL their products. Memory, Cases, Mice, Mousey pads - Power Supplies - you name it, if it has Corsair on it I won't go NEAR it with a 20 foot rod and I'm telling ALL my customers to do the same - STAY THE FRAP AWAY FROM CORSAIR!

I've been fighting the mouse disconnect issue on 12 machines for I don't even KNOW how long - so long I forgot WHEN exactly it was I bought this Scimitar Pro.

I've tried EVERY port on ALL those computers too. USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 - nothing but disconnect, reconnect, sometime a few times each minutes and in nearly every case it takes MANY MINUTES to reconnect. On a couple of the machines, I even had to REBOOT to reset the USB to get it working again and ALWAYS within 30 to 180 seconds it just disconnects again. a complete Joke - how in @#$ did this thing EVERY get out of Quality?

Glad to see you resurrected an old thread from 2018 just to vent your frustration. Anyhow, If your mouse is disconnecting on 12 machines, don't you think initially, the logical thing to have done would have been to contact Corsair support for a replacement?

P.S. I own a lot of Corsair branded hardware and I can honesty say, I don't have a single issue.

Edited by Johnny_B500

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey there! You can fix USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting issue by changing the USB port or system. Otherwise, you can run the chkdsk command to solve this problem, follow the below easy steps to run cmd:

• Firstly, press on the ‘Windows + Q’ >> type cmd

• Next, go to ‘command Prompt’ >> choose the ‘Run as an Administrator’.

• After that, the Command Window will open, type there chkdsk X: /r /f >> hit Enter.

I hope these trick will be helpful for you all.

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem and my only solution was to uninstall iCue and all my rgb defaulted to rainbow which im fine with, but i wanted more control so i downloaded a new software called signalRGB which allows you to control every rgb product out there in one software and there is more themes to choose from. i think there is a internal problem with the iCue software that Corsair needs to address, cause everything works without iCue. 

• 11 months later...

I am having this mouse disconnect issue. Not a USB or PSU issue. Changing USB ports makes no difference, have 950W PSU.

So.... Is there a way to get my lights for keyboard ( Strafe RGB MK2 ) and CPU cooler ( H150i Capellix ) mouse ( katar pro ) and headphones ( Void elite and pro )

to all work without icue installed ? If I uninstall ique the disconnects stop happening. Its been months at this point and I don't see ique getting fixed.

• 2 months later...