Corsair Community

CLNP and LL140 2-Pack issue

nECr0mAnCeR

Hey folks. I spent over an hour looking for an answer to my question in the forums. If it's already been answered and I missed it I offer my humble apology.

I just purchased a Lighting Node Pro W/ 4 LED strips an LL140 2-Pack as well as a single LL140 and 2 LL120s. I got the CLNP first and had it installed and working. When I received the LL140 2 pack and other fans then installed it alongside the CLNP, the RGB strips no longer work.

I have tried putting the strips on both LED channels 1 and 2 to no avail. All 5 fans work fine.

I have the fans all connected to the RGB Fan LED Hub and the fan hub connected to the CLNP (Tried both channels)

I've added my system info below just in case. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that all changes were performed with my machine turned off and unplugged.

MB: Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RGB

GPU: Sapphire R9 285

SSD: 512GB Western Digital Black M.2 2280 NVME

OK, so after arranging, rearranging then rearranging I finally found the issue.

One of the extension cables I was using between strips was defective. I disconnected the LL fans and connected the strips one at a time and in various configurations and they worked fine. I reconnected everything without the aforementioned extension cable and all is good.

My thanks to anyone who read my post and was working on an answer.

Archived