Corsair Community

H1500 Microphone too quite?

Faisal

Hi, I recently purchased a H1500 and am having many issues with it. To start with their is a constant noise in the background (like humming) while the headset is plugged in and the noise gets worse when the mic is turned on. I have tried using the microphone in skype / teamspeak or any other software and it is simply too quite, all my friends say they can hardly hear me.

I noticed this appears to be a common a problem on all users of this headset. Can you please help me to sort this out? I spent a considerable amount of money buying this headset and at the moment it is proving worse in every possible measure compared to my old, inexpensive headset.

As everyone else has mentioned, the speaker is too loud at 1% and the microphone is simply too low at 100%. The two worst possible configurations you can have :(. I don't know what to do to get it fixed, I am not keen on downloading third party programs as I shouldn't have to do that.

Tried it on my Windows 10 laptop, same issues are still present there. Mic is too quite, 1% is too loud and the subtle buzzing noise is still around. It is considerably worse when I turn the mic on and it gets slightly better when the mic is turned off. I noticed there is a setting in windows "speaker settings" where I can adjust the "Mic" and "Line" volumes, these are set to default as 27. If I put the volume up to 100 on both of these, the buzzing noise gets significantly worse and a lot more noticeable (mic volume still remains low). If I put these down to 0 then the buzzing noise reduces quite a bit and becomes almost unnoticeable (although still present).

What are these settings? They don't make any sense to me, why would a mic and line volume be available in speaker settings and why does it appear to only increase or reduce the volume of the buzzing noise?

Archived