Corsair Community

iCUE constant crashing problem with new update

So I have just updated to the latest iCUE software update and it would constantly crash when opening after about 3-4 seconds. I tried every fix and re-installing etc I could find online. I finally found a thread who said they uninstalled aura sync and it fixed iCUE. I have now uninstalled Aura Sync and which fixed iCUE and is now working. The issue is when I re-install Aura Sync, iCUE doesn't work again. So I can't have both running at the same time.

In order to set my hardware's RGB, I require both to be run at the same time (never use to have issues with the old iCUE before updating). Is there going to be a hotfix as I can't be the only one with this problem.

EDIT* I am running version 3.25.60 for iCUE

I had the same issue and here's how I fixed it:

With the new update, Corsair added the ASUS plugin so if you downloaded it manually (like I did) you need to delete the old folder.

In order to fix it you need to get to the Corsair plugin folder (which is located in the Corsair installation folder) and delete the "ASUS Plugin" folder. Make sure that you see in the "plugins" folder the new "Asus" folder for the plugin after you deleted the old one.

Hope I helped :)

• Confused 1

With the new update, Corsair added the ASUS plugin so if you downloaded it manually (like I did) you need to delete the old folder.

In order to fix it you need to get to the Corsair plugin folder (which is located in the Corsair installation folder) and delete the "ASUS Plugin" folder. Make sure that you see in the "plugins" folder the new "Asus" folder for the plugin after you deleted the old one.

Worked for me! It even stopped my Ironclaw crashing and making my macros unusable

Actually a life saver haha, i just moved the asus plugin folder out to my desktop to test and it appears to be working now. This was literally bugging me for hours. Lesson learnt, never update to the latest software.

• 2 months later...
So I have just updated to the latest iCUE software update and it would constantly crash when opening after about 3-4 seconds. I tried every fix and re-installing etc I could find online. I finally found a thread who said they uninstalled aura sync and it fixed iCUE. I have now uninstalled Aura Sync and which fixed iCUE and is now working. The issue is when I re-install Aura Sync, iCUE doesn't work again. So I can't have both running at the same time.

In order to set my hardware's RGB, I require both to be run at the same time (never use to have issues with the old iCUE before updating). Is there going to be a hotfix as I can't be the only one with this problem.

EDIT* I am running version 3.25.60 for iCUE

Thank You!!!! This saved my life, I kept trying to repair the software, which would work 1/5 times

• 2 months later...

Hi , just a note I have formatted my pc have the new version of ICue 3.31.81 and Icue still crashes every time I launch a game . If I delete the Asus plug in it works 100% fine no crashing. I have made sure I don't have any of the aura software running or any thing else .

The plugin is simply and issue and needs to be fixed . I have 4 friends with different mother boards and GFX card and they all have the same issue no one has got this to work to my knowledge. If any one knows some one with it working and not crashing let me know please.

I've spent hours troubleshooting this problem and this actually works. Since updating to 3.31.81, the icue software just says no devices detected and disconnects. The solution I was using until this was to use an older ice version (3.30.97) but I still wanted to update in case there were any bug fixes etc. I don't have any Asus or Lenovo software or even hardware, My PC is prebuilt from omen so I didn't know what to do when I saw forums saying that people deleted aura sync to fix the issue. I don't have aura sync. In the posts above, deleting the plugin for Asus worked, I tried that but icue still crashed. To my knowledge I don't have anything that needs the icue plugins so based on the Asus plugin causing problems, I just deleted all of the plugins, as I don't need any of them, and it works now, icue opens!!! Thanks to whoever posted this.

hi i have literally the exact same problem, i have a pre-build by omen, i also have the same with plugins and crashes, the problem is i have no idea what a "plugin" is and what i should be looking to delete, if you could explain a little bit more in depth about your solution it would be great!

hi i have literally the exact same problem, i have a pre-build by omen, i also have the same with plugins and crashes, the problem is i have no idea what a "plugin" is and what i should be looking to delete, if you could explain a little bit more in depth about your solution it would be great!

Here's a better explanation:

1. Find iCUE desktop icon and right-click it. (If for some reason you don't have the desktop icon, in your computer search bar type "iCUE" the app should pop up in the search results. Right-click it.)

2. Select "Open file location"

3. Once the file opens, locate the file named "plugins"

4. From there, you should be able to delete the plugins. (Note: I deleted all of the folders in the plugins folder and it worked for me.)

Hope this helps you.

So, I'm having the same problem. I just updated the software--my mouse stopped using the side buttons (again) today and so I updated, right?

Now it briefly says, "No device detected!" And crashes. In a few seconds.

I have zero plugins, so no plugins to remove.

Hello, I fixed my brothers computer that had this issue on a whim. In windows 10, I right clicked the corsair icon (desktop) of iCUE and clicked compatibility and selected Windows 8 from the drop down. Now the app opens everytime and does not crash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

Interesting that deleting plugins would resolve this.

If anybody else runs into similar issues after an iCUE update or fresh install of iCUE you can also try deleting the CORSAIR folder in %AppData% (click windows start and type in "%AppData%" exactly then press enter and it should take you right there).

Note that this wipes out profiles, so you'll need to import a profile from a previous backup or remake the profile.

I tried to take away the asus plugin and it still crashes I even tried to take away all the plugins but no fix

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now it briefly says, "No device detected!" And crashes. In a few seconds.

Me too, removed plugins, repaired, reinstalled. iCue wont work, as will neither any of the macros I have for work.

Just "No device detected!" and crashes

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I fixed my brothers computer that had this issue on a whim. In windows 10, I right clicked the corsair icon (desktop) of iCUE and clicked compatibility and selected Windows 8 from the drop down. Now the app opens everytime and does not crash.

This got buried in there and nobody seemed to respond to it, but I'll say, this worked for me! Clearning plugins DID NOT work. Compatibility to Windows 8 did.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Here's a better explanation:

1. Find iCUE desktop icon and right-click it. (If for some reason you don't have the desktop icon, in your computer search bar type "iCUE" the app should pop up in the search results. Right-click it.)

2. Select "Open file location"

3. Once the file opens, locate the file named "plugins"

4. From there, you should be able to delete the plugins. (Note: I deleted all of the folders in the plugins folder and it worked for me.)

Hope this helps you.

Thank you, seriously.

Now, after more than a YEAR of trying, I can finally use my keyboard to work from home using the company's macbook.