Corsair Community

(Almost) fixed after a spill

shmg

4 days ago I spilt a banana milkshake on my keyboard. It covered most of the middle from the uiop area right down to the space bar. After cleaning it, drying it etc. it is now almost fully functional.

So let's get to the problem. It works fine in BIOS mode, but when I change it to the 1000hz/1msec it starts pressing keys on it's own. The keys it is pressing are tab(occasionally), ctrl(occasionally) ; and left arrow. Also, the media keys, mute, winlock or brightness keys don't work but the volume control does.

I am not expecting a mircale and I know that most likely nothing can be done, but if anyone has had a similar issue and managed to fix it then your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

E: the keyboard in question is a Corsair CH-9101014-UK K70 Rapidfire Cherry MX

I have already done the cleaning and drying. I'd hazard a guess that it's to do with how I've put it back together although everything looks fine. I've bashed those keys until my hand hurt so don't think it's an issue with the switches and regardless, the milkshake went nowhere near ctrl tab or left arrow.

After leaving it a day it is no longer pressing keys on it's own. Probably was a bit of liquid still in there.

Media keys are still not working and neither are winlock and brightness. CUE is up to date, firmware up to date (forced it to reinstall latest), disabled and re-enabled Human Interface Device Service all to no avail. I'm happy to use the keyboard as is for now but any further suggestions are appreciated. -b

Archived