Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Think it's waaay past time somebody from Corsair updated us on these keycaps.

Are they coming? Have you shelved it? Has the team responsible been abducted by keycap hating Aliens? Engage with your customers, you know the ones that will be buying them when/if (malevolent extra dimensional keycap hating Beings allowing) they ever see the light of day.

Best

Wulf

Human keycap appreciator

I already have a set of the Vortex PBTs on my Strafe for the time being, but I am still waiting for these caps to release and will gladly buy a set (especially if the cap walls are at least 1.5mm thick, which is not a lot thicker, but still noticeably thicker than that of the Vortex set).

Patience has its rewards....

yes it is but it also ups the expectation of how good these key caps will be ...

so long as there not the nasty painted "gaming" type keys that were included with the keyboards but still have a similar tactile top it will likely be worth waiting for even more so if the numbers/ icons are side by side,

however at this point I'm starting to expect they will be metal keys with the details milled into them and then back filled with clear plastic for the backlit effect ....

actually for a set of key caps like that which would last for a decade or more I might actually pay more than £10 for them as well (maybe as much as £35...)

especially if there going to be transferable to any corsair rgb keyboard in the future, whilst I expect this one to last at least another 3 years I am fully aware that electronics fail when heavily used and longevity of the key caps would be a bonus that I could then keep using them on a new one would certainly make them a more attractive purchase (but only if they covered both uk and us 104 key layout, since it seems less and less new stuff is in the uk iso standard...)

• 4 weeks later...
Patience has its rewards....

Reward... how about a discount for those who waited this long? LoL.

I just hope when it release it's the right stuff.

Can't wait to replace my current G710. I had to replace some FPS keys already (ABS is not good enough for real gamer) and god knows how long do I have with the rest of the keys. Hey at least thanks to Corsair (the FPS key set) it lives for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Days and months have passed... Are there any news?

Still nothing. I still have faith that eventually, SOMETHING will come out. For now, I have a set of ABS doubleshots from a Realforce RGB, along with the non-standard bottom row keys and spacebar from a set of Vortex PBT doubleshots. I had to give my Vortex set to my dad for his Das Division Zero board, since the caps on that were **** (and because of Costar stabilizers, I couldn't just put the ABS doubleshots on--too thick).

• Corsair Employee
Thanks Henry

Just seen these on Overclockers website and ordered a set, can’t wait they look amazing :D:

Best

Wulf

Hey Wulfter,

You were one of the first to show your interests in these doubleshot PBT keycaps. I want to personally thank you for providing us the feedback and I hope you will enjoy the keycaps as much as I do.

These feel and sound amazing! you will not be dissappointed :D:

Hey Wulfter,

You were one of the first to show your interests in these doubleshot PBT keycaps. I want to personally thank you for providing us the feedback and I hope you will enjoy the keycaps as much as I do.

Even though I have a set of the Vortex PBT doubleshots on my Strafe, I'd still love to order a set of these (the Vortex caps are thin). Trouble is... they're out of stock...

Thank you for your patience everyone!

It's here!!

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-pbt-double-shot-keycaps-white

ordered 1 on amazon, hope it decided to ship to my country when they restock...

1 more thing, are you sold out in 1 day, or every store front just listed a place holder and there weren't in fact any stock at first place?

Edited by DoomFree

The black ones are here instead for those that don't want the white ones: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-gaming-pbt-double-shot-keycaps-black ;):

No offense but... these really doubleshot?

I thought it is impossible to doubleshot D/O using this type face as they're not "connected"?

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product-images/hid-accessories/pbt-ds-keycaps/white/large/ds_keycaps_wht_03_blu.png?h=210&thn=0&w=265

Hey Wulfter,

Thanks Henry,

Those white keycaps are going to be great with my profiles on my K95 plat. The colours just pop so much more (saturated).

Best

Wulf

No offense but... these really doubleshot?

I thought it is impossible to doubleshot D/O using this type face as they're not "connected"?

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product-images/hid-accessories/pbt-ds-keycaps/white/large/ds_keycaps_wht_03_blu.png?h=210&thn=0&w=265

The white vortex key caps I ordered for my K70 have breaks in all the circles to connect the outer plastic (been using them for a few months and they are awesome). Will wait for a full review before I decide to buy some of these key caps. Would like the double thickness of them.

Thank you for making these a stand alone upgrade and not a new keyboard purchase

The white vortex key caps I ordered for my K70 have breaks in all the circles to connect the outer plastic (been using them for a few months and they are awesome).

Actually I shouldn't call it impossible.

http://www.yomura.com.tw/double-injection.html

It is possible, but judging by the other double shot key caps I believe it is cheaper/easier to use a connected type face?

e.g. http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/Ducky-Shine-6/

or aforementioned vortex set.

So...may be Corsair decided to spare no expense on this one, may be?