Corsair Community

Spec Alpha Question Before Purchase

Vesperina

Hi everyone! I'm interested in purchasing the Spec Alpha case. I misjudged the space available for my H100i water cooler in my last build, so I figured I should double check this time with a few questions.

Is the H100i water cooler confirmed to fit? I understand the case can support a 240mm radiator, but I'd feel much better if I could get this particular model confirmed by someone.

Can I use a push/pull configuration with 4 fans on the radiator? From the pictures, it looks like the case can only support a pull configuration. A push configuration would be nice to display led fans from the front of the case.

Finally, is there enough room for the hard drive cage even with the radiator and fans installed? I have one SSD and one 3.5'' hard drive.

Thank you!

Vesperina,

As the case is still pretty new, I would be able to confirm that the H100i does fit however would not be able to guarantee 100% compatibility with a push-pull configuration. A push/pull configuration would work for sure.

From the looks of it the one 3.5 hard drive would be cleaner(neater) to hide than it is using a whole drive tray.

Vesperina,

As the case is still pretty new, I would be able to confirm that the H100i does fit however would not be able to guarantee 100% compatibility with a push-pull configuration. A push/pull configuration would work for sure.

From the looks of it the one 3.5 hard drive would be cleaner(neater) to hide than it is using a whole drive tray.

Thank you for confirming the H100i compatibility! I would probably go with a push configuration in that case if I had to choose between the two options.

I like your recommendation, but how would I properly secure a 3.5'' hard drive without using the whole drive tray?

My question were just answered by a current Spec Alpha owner on one of Corsair's youtube videos!

[ame]

[/ame]

A push pull configuration is possible on the H100i if the whole drive tray is removed. This means only using SSD's and forgoing a 3.5" hard drive.

• 1 month later...

tnx nick for the awnser i was looking for :D

and snapper, i already have the 1200 psu for a couple of years now, just wanted to change my current case (600t white)

to bad i had to scrape the spec-alpha from my wish list :(

Archived