Corsair Community

iCUE K95 update error.

Kasatome

iCUE states "There is a new firmware version available for K95 RGB PLATINUM 3.21. Do you want to update firmware now?" Upon hitting the update button it fails to "Failed to check for a firmware update." I don't understand. It already found an update, how does it fail to find it again? Is there just a file I can download and input manually? (I have unplugged literally all corsair equipment except for the K95 Platinum, so check that off the troubleshoot list along with reboots)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be wary of forcing these things. If you are stuck and can't update, let it go until more information is available. There is nothing in that firmware update that you need right now and no information has been posted about it at all. My update went smoothly, or so I thought. It had the unintended consequence of wiping the stored profiles on my K95P and resetting it back to factory defaults.

• Corsair Employee
I would be wary of forcing these things. If you are stuck and can't update, let it go until more information is available. There is nothing in that firmware update that you need right now and no information has been posted about it at all. My update went smoothly, or so I thought. It had the unintended consequence of wiping the stored profiles on my K95P and resetting it back to factory defaults.

Firmware updates shouldn't wipe the profiles (FW is saved to EPROM but HWP are saved to Flash).

As I'm currently also encountering the problem, I'll reply as well.

Current onboard firmware is 1.07.123. Screenshot attached.

I'll investigate this.

Firmware updates shouldn't wipe the profiles (FW is saved to EPROM but HWP are saved to Flash).

I was surprised as well. However I likely described the event too casually. I do not think it wiped the memory, but rather a reset was performed since HW1-3 went back to the original default spiral/rain/wave settings. I had taken the K95P off to work with my K70 for a bit and got red triangle when reconnecting. Restarted the service and app, but it did not work. Reconnected the usb and it did. No gremlins leaning on the ESC key during the process, but it appears it reset.

I too am having the EXACT same issue down to the point where I attempt to update the firmware and it removes the K95 keyboard completely from iCUEwhich then forces me to restart so that I can even see it. Since this is not anomaly please fix this iCUE or allow consumers to download the firmware directly from the download page.

I can confirm the same issue is happening with me. Update fails. Keyboard is removed from the hardware list. Forcing iCue closed and then restarting it brings the keyboard back. But, the update still didn't take. AND, the hardware slots for profiles have been cleared.

Hey, hey!

Tossing myself into the ring. I also encounter this dastardly gremlin. Like crayb08 mentioned, that is exactly how it happens with me. I've stopped trying, and leave it at that. My firmware for K95 is 1.07.123.

If I click update, it fails and removes the K95 image from iCUE. Restarting iCUE resolves the issue.

The only difference is, I do this under Settings, not from an update option in the bottom right of iCUE.

I'll investigate this.

Hello,

Is there any solution to this issue? I'm also getting the same error with firmware 1.07.0123. Switching usb ports does not solve it. Thank you.

I am also having a problem with this firmware update. Fails almost as soon as it starts updating. Every other Corsair product I have is updating fine except my keyboard :( I also now just ignore the update. Had an update for my RAM today so decided I would try my K95 again, failed. I'm now done with this firmware update for the K95. Hoping the next one works better.

I have the Same Error. I have tried doing a manual update through Customer Support, I was sent the v1.07.123 version of the firmware the keyboard was shipped with. This didn't allow me to update the firmware either. I can confirm that this version of the firmware is bugged. We really need to just get the newest version of the firmware and manually install it ourselves. This old version is completely messed up. I'll update if I get anything new from customer support.

Good my dear friend tries to do the following way tries to enter into Network Security Mode after this start the iCUE and do the update, here I did it and it worked ok everything on the keyboard, here I was in the same failure updating.

Same! What do you mean? What did you do exactly in windows to get this to work. The word Network Security Mode does not mean anything when I google it for windows 10. If you could exactly specify what you mean by Network Security mode that may help many of the users here! Thank you so much in advance for posting this new information. Do you mean safe mode? Do you go into Windows firewall and tweak settings?

Also Corsair support is slow and doesn't help very much, it has been 10 days and I have had only 4 email responses. It isn't even 1 every business day only about every other business day. This is not acceptable, especially with such a premium product.

Same thing here. Why is there no word from Corsair on this? This is a $200 keyboard! Also, my m65 mouse does the EXACT same thing. iCue tells me there is an update for the k95 and m65 and both fail, get removed from the device list, and I have to force quit and restart iCue for them to re-appear as devices.

I have quite a few iCue devices... H115i Platinum AIO CPU cooler, Void RGB Pro Wireless headset, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro memory, ST100 RGB headphone stand, MM800 RGB mousepad, an LED light strip kit, and 8 total RGB fans (2 ML and 6 LL.) So I'm pretty invested in this ecosystem!

1. Download the attached file

2. Unplug the keyboard

3. Locate the pinhole under the right leg.

4. Plug the keyboard in while pressing the pinhole button.

5. Copy the .bin file to CRP_DISABLED.

6. Unplug and replug the keyboard.

Where do you copy the .bin?

CRP_DISABLE is not a file!!!

what do you mean exactly???