Corsair Community

Dominator GT 2000 MHz running at 1066. Help

Hello,

I recently bought the 12gb (3x4) 2000mhz corsair memory. But I noticed they are actually running at 1066 mhz. :[pouts:

What should I do to run then at 2000Mhz ??? Oc the processor ? Or just the memory modules ?

Where and what values do i need to set in the bios setup ???

Does anyone has a similiar computer spec ?? And can tell me the exactly values ???

Thanks .

My guess is that the XMP will set it to max 1600 mhz with the tested timings? You will need to play with the voltages to get it running at above 1600 mhz upwards to 2000 mhz.

I have the same kit as you and i run them at 1600 mhz with tighter timings instead, 7-7-7-24-1T @ 1,65V, works great.

You can change the memory speed using the memory divider in bios and its depending on your cpu-clock speed. If you dont OC your cpu then the divider is all you need to "worry" about.

My guess is that the XMP will set it to max 1600 mhz with the tested timings? You will need to play with the voltages to get it running at above 1600 mhz upwards to 2000 mhz.

I have the same kit as you and i run them at 1600 mhz with tighter timings instead, 7-7-7-24-1T @ 1,65V, works great.

You can change the memory speed using the memory divider in bios and its depending on your cpu-clock speed. If you dont OC your cpu then the divider is all you need to "worry" about.

But you run then at 1600 with XMP enabled ???? And you got your cpu oc ???

I'm trying all these stuff but xmp gives me black screen ..... =(

• 2 weeks later...
I do not have XMP enabled, i run them in standard-mode and set all settings manually. Sorry for the confusion.

I would check your Dimm-voltage if you get a crash on start-up, it needs to be 1,65v if you enable XMP.

When I enable XMP the memory freq. is set to 1992mhz and the processor multiplier drop down to 21x ( it was 23x) , then I set the DIMM Voltage to 1,65 .... Then it crashes again ........:mad:

I`m Uploading the images shown on CPU-Z , the DRAM freq. is 530 ... In the internet i saw a guy that was running them at 2000mhz and the DRAM was 1000 .

If i have no choice I `ll buy a cooler and OC my processor

May I ask you something , why dont you run then at 2000mhz ???

Thank you

novo.png.ec8febf8d1f3fafcf8097d8981c100b3.png

1226407915_Semttulo.png.491329d4cb29ae2ddf9cee1d12db424c.png

I never use xmp... 12gb on x58 im assuming is a 6x2gb kit... You'll have to increase your qpi/vtt voltage a ton to get stable at those speeds... You shouldn't have to increase dram voltage... But, x58 likes 1.65v dram... Id set proper multiplier to get your desired speed and set your stock timing and keep increasing qpi/vtt... Hope you have a good cooler this will increase cpu temps as well.

When I enable XMP the memory freq. is set to 1992mhz and the processor multiplier drop down to 21x ( it was 23x) , then I set the DIMM Voltage to 1,65 .... Then it crashes again ........:mad:

I`m Uploading the images shown on CPU-Z , the DRAM freq. is 530 ... In the internet i saw a guy that was running them at 2000mhz and the DRAM was 1000 .

If i have no choice I `ll buy a cooler and OC my processor

May I ask you something , why dont you run then at 2000mhz ???

Thank you

I do not run them at 2k mhz because my experience is that it is generally a challenge getting them to run at that speed. You will need to increase QPI/VTT voltage quite a bit which again will increase the already high NB-temps on the X58. Also, i doubt the perf-increase will be worth the "hassle" so i decided to run them at 1600 w/tighter timings instead. You will be able to run them at 2k at their rated speed but you will need to experiment and increase your voltages.

Since you crash on boot i would start with testing each stick in each slot to rule out a fawlty stick or slot and then start upping the settings.

Google "i7 oc calculator" and use that to find your settings (except voltages as YMMV) to where you want to go and from there you need to increase you voltages.

The X58-section on the EVGA-forums have good guides and good help for you.

I previously had a 6bg 1866mhz kit but i needed the extra ram. I always buy higher freq ram to have OC headroom.

• 3 years later...

Hey I figured out the problem.

The bios cpu configuration was locking the memories all I had to do was disable the turbo perfomance on bios, then set the timings, desired frequencies, and the the DIMM voltage (1,65V)

Thanks for the help guys

Archived