Corsair Community

No love for the brown switches

Octopuss

I was SO excited when I finally saw the first low profile mechanical keyboard - only to realize it's only being offered with either red or speed (I think) switches.

Does anyone from the Corsair staff know whether there will be something for people like me who absolutely hate linear switches? Low profile that is - standard height mechanical keyboards simply make my hands hurt after prolonged use :(

• Corsair Employee
Honestly, I'm not a fan or red or speeds either and I've brought this up many times before. It might be possible if the low profile design is popular enough for them to warrant other switch options for it. But trust me, we have people here that prefer brown or blue switches but we are definitely the minority.

Maybe the majority never knew any better? I'm thinking, when black switches appeared, everyone started buying such keyboards and kind of got used to the linearity.

I tried, and within five minutes the keyboard went back into its box...

I'm on this borderline failing, filthy bigass (it's so long I can't really game on it properly with my hands spread apart, grr) Chicony keyboard from ages ago, and I just could never find any viable replacement :(

And the regular height "mechanics" are just way too tall for me :(

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Here's to hoping some support for blues or browns gets drummed up. MX Blue switches are what I think of when I think "Mechanical" keyboard to begin with. That clicky sound was synonymous with the word when they first came out, now all anyone seems to want is the cheap sounding Reds that have just been marketed for GEMERZZZ when they barely make any difference to a touch typist anyways. I eventually caved and got one with red switches just because there were no alternatives with blues available. I just don't get the preference for reds, they make they keyboard feel cheap. :/

Adding another voice to the list of those wanting Browns. Or Blues. I'm also not keen on low profile. I got the K63 because there was no other decent option for wireless backlit mechanical at the time, but I really wish the K63 had browns. Or even better, that there was a mechanical version of the K57 with browns. So here's my Christmas wish: the K95 Platinum comes in a wireless version, with the option for brown Cherrys!

• 2 months later...