Corsair Community

Shortening H100i V2 tubes.

Torquemada.

Hello people.

I am immensely satisfied with this AIO liquid cooler. I am using it in a case with very little space for tubing (Streacom F12C) and I want to do the following:

- Cut away at least 10cm of tubes at the middle

- Place detachable connectors, which will make removal of the radiator, or adding tube extensions, easier.

My question is: which connectors should I use? I need the correct measurements of the tubes, and also I would like some tips on how to seal the connectors firmly to avoid any leaks.

I have asked this question on several forums, and I always got imbecilic replies such as "buy a water-cooling system from xxxx". I don't want to buy another cooler and I'm perfectly happy with this. I just want to shorten the tubes.

I have stumbled across these fittings:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGaW0vTH05Y[/ame]

But I don't know if they are suitable for my tubes. Any ideas?

Obviously cutting the tubes ends the warranty, so moving forward...

I can guess the tube thickness, but it would be better to measure. Take a piece of string and wrap it around then transfer to a ruler for comparison. Likely 1/2 inch to 5/8, but the more difficult question is how much of that is padding and how much is actual tube. That may make a difference on the interconnects. You may have to cut and try several different types of connectors. They come in many sizes, so you should be able to find one that fits.

The cut itself will be harder. You cannot do this without losing coolant, so it would be better to try it over some kind of collection vessel to recapture your losses. This also means you need a way to put the coolant back in. You may want to pick up another supply of concentrate or whatever in case things go wrong.

This is not a path most people are willing to take, so you are not likely to find a lot of experience with cutting into the cooler. That includes me as well.

Thanks for the answers.

However, you've told me what I knew already:

- I still don't know what fittings size I have to buy.

- I know it's unusual, but here logic MUST prevail: there's a tube and quick release fittings, I place the fittings where I cut the tubes and I seal it, and there is NO REASON IN THE WORLD why this shouldn't work. I'm not trying to open the Ark of the Covenant, I am just trying to shorten the tubes and I need to know which size of fittings I need to buy. No rocket science, really. Can anyone help without wasting our mutual time? PLEASE?

If you are unable or unwilling to measure the tube size of your own cooler, it would be foolish to move on to something vastly more complex. Sorry, I can't make a little Pi sign on this keyboard to spell it out. Your right, it's not rocket science... it is math.

but the more difficult question is how much of that is padding and how much is actual tube.

This is not a path most people are willing to take, so you are not likely to find a lot of experience with cutting into the cooler. That includes me as well.

As mentioned, this is not something most people are going to be able to help with since no one cuts up their own cooler. Your best bet is to be prepared for multiple sizes. If you look at the insertion points you can see a smaller diameter tube. This most likely represents the interior tube size.

Thanks Ray, but I am not sure my iPad is friendly that way. It's more emojii orientated.

I knew it was possible and was surprised how easy it was to find the link. Lots of ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ are possible :biggrin:

Do you reckon this one will do?

As I specified before the only way to know for sure is to cut the pipes and measure the inside diameter. There is no way I am going to cut my pipes, so cut your pipes and get measuring :asskick:

I do not think you see the major issue here. Once you cut those tubes you will loose coolant and let air into the system. The only way to get the air out and add coolant is to drain and flush the entire system, and add a reservoir with new coolant somewhere in-between your loop. Do not mix your new coolant with the old coolant because you do not know what coolant come with the cooler.

Then comes the joy of figuring out what corrosion coolant you want because of the copper base and aluminum radiator.

Archived