Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

I bought one LL 140 RGB fan and I can't get the RGB to work. I bought the Commander Pro, but I can't plug the fan RGB cable into it. The fan RGB cable has a 4-pin connector and does not fit the LED headers on the Commander Pro.

I've ordered the RGB LED Hub, which will be here Friday. I don't think that will help me either, as the headers don't appear to be 4-pin.

I can't believe it's so complicated and expensive to light one fan. This has caused me more problems than it's worth and I'm considering just returning everything and going back to a cheap fan.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, Zotty crazy wright up!! I must have read it 4-5 times already trying to figure out my next setup. It's a little overwhelming but I'm %99 sure I figured it out.

I want to install an H115i platinum, 2x120 QL, 2x140 QL, and 4 corsair LED strips. If I'm understanding everything correctly then I also need a Commander Pro and RGB fan hub correct? Am I crazy?

I think the real question I have is what is happing with the H115i fans? Will the LEDs be out of sync with the rest of the system? I was thinking of connecting everything to the H115i but I can't find the corsair fan repeater anywhere and I don't really trust any kind of eBay "specials" LOL.

hi buddy

you seem to know what you are asking and indeed asking the right questions,,.,

Re the Coolers RGB connections. everyting will sync if connected properly, although some sequential rgb effects may be off,, the way around is if you was to change the 2 ML supplied fans to QL fans you would be able to out them all on the same RGB Fan LED Hub and have them all sync for sequential effects perfectly,

as for the rest of what you said you need... spot on

hi buddy

you seem to know what you are asking and indeed asking the right questions,,.,

Re the Coolers RGB connections. everyting will sync if connected properly, although some sequential rgb effects may be off,, the way around is if you was to change the 2 ML supplied fans to QL fans you would be able to out them all on the same RGB Fan LED Hub and have them all sync for sequential effects perfectly,

as for the rest of what you said you need... spot on

It seems like great minds think alike. LOL I was actually thinking about replacing the ML fans with the QL but from everything I have read, they are pretty bad as RAD fans. I feel like you have waaaaay more experience in this than I do, is that true?

I know its a little strange to say this, this being the internet and me being a stranger and all.......but......that computer is SEXY AS F@#K!!!!!! LOL. looks like I'm going full QL fans, thanks for the help bro!!!

when everything is said and done ill post pics of my new girl!!!

Almost forgot, didn't I read somewhere (I think from you actually) if you have 6 QL fans then you can't control other LED products from Icue? To be fair, I may have had one too many to drink today and imagining that. LOL

Edited by kouklo

Almost forgot, didn't I read somewhere (I think from you actually) if you have 6 QL fans then you can't control other LED products from Icue? To be fair, I may have had one too many to drink today and imagining that. LOL

That's with the Lighting Node Pro. The MCU on the LNP can't handle any more than that. The Commander Pro, however, can have 2 full channels of 6 QL fans.

As for the "eBay specials" - the stuff from Pirate Dog Tech is quality and Zotty is using a bunch of that stuff in his build. As am I.

That's with the Lighting Node Pro. The MCU on the LNP can't handle any more than that. The Commander Pro, however, can have 2 full channels of 6 QL fans.

As for the "eBay specials" - the stuff from Pirate Dog Tech is quality and Zotty is using a bunch of that stuff in his build. As am I.

Thanks for the replay brother, ill get the commander pro and it's all good, no need to worry about them "specials". LOL.

you got to admit that it's a little silly Corsair doesn't make some kind of "repeater" for the rest of us. If they want us to go full Corsair then it would make sense that they look at all possible (fan/lighting) scenarios.

THANKS for all the help gentlemen!! Like I said in my last post, I promise to post pics of my new build!!!

Dont think he was referring to PDT dude... PWM repeater hubs...

but I can't find the corsair fan repeater anywhere and I don't really trust any kind of eBay "specials" LOL.

but in any case,, nothing wrong with Pirate dog Techs cables,,,

Edited by Zotty

• 1 month later...

I have a tomahawk b450 and 3 hd 140 fans. Then I bought the lighting node And rgb fan hub. My problem is it didn't come with the cable routing hub to node and I can't find what it's called to even search where to purchase it or what to call it if I go into a store.

I'm also all full on internal rgb headers with no idea how to expand that

Do I need a whole new Mobo?

Sorry this is my first even build.

I have a tomahawk b450 and 3 hd 140 fans. Then I bought the lighting node And rgb fan hub. My problem is it didn't come with the cable routing hub to node and I can't find what it's called to even search where to purchase it or what to call it if I go into a store.

I'm also all full on internal rgb headers with no idea how to expand that

Do I need a whole new Mobo?

Sorry this is my first even build.

Hi man, not so clear about the stuff you're using...

Did you purchase a 3-fan pack or bought them separately?

Do you have both the Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Hub?

If you picked up a LNP alone, the cable you need is this:

Cattura.png

And the cable must be present... I don't think it's sold separately and in case your reseller does not provide it, you may try to open a ticket with Corsair to ask if they kindly send it.

So, when you have all the pieces, the correct routing is fan => RGB Hub => LNP => motherboad for fan's RGB cables and fan => motherboard for fan's RPM cables.

For the motherboard USB header you can go for a new board of course... but the cheapest solution is getting an internal USB hub like the one from NHZT:

Cattura.png

The hub needs a SATA power connection to work.

Baio

Hi man, not so clear about the stuff you're using...

Did you purchase a 3-fan pack or bought them separately?

Do you have both the Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Hub?

If you picked up a LNP alone, the cable you need is this:

Cattura.png

And the cable must be present... I don't think it's sold separately and in case your reseller does not provide it, you may try to open a ticket with Corsair to ask if they kindly send it.

So, when you have all the pieces, the correct routing is fan => RGB Hub => LNP => motherboad for fan's RGB cables and fan => motherboard for fan's RPM cables.

For the motherboard USB header you can go for a new board of course... but the cheapest solution is getting an internal USB hub like the one from NHZT:

Cattura.png

The hub needs a SATA power connection to work.

Baio

I got the nxzt hub, molex and the cable pictured below on the way a friend had a spare. So I have the node and hub bought separate. Hopefully I can get it all in and not have to purchase anything else Sunday.

My whole thing started since he gave me an hd140 and beautiful case. I was stoked but that fan of course can't be controlled and mystic light keeps it blue constantly,sometimes one led will light green or certain Mobo shades will turn it off completely. Newegg is replacing a lost packagenof Corsair vengeance ram I ordered because those v-color are not good with my set up. No idea what it is but I get no purple, among other hues and now neither of them respond to mystic light alterations

received_493939574817152.thumb.jpeg.93d617b85a0f2833accbe2c94a805c09.jpeg

FB_IMG_1584181271201.thumb.jpg.2f0a42ddb7a994a02972992704d608c8.jpg

I got the nxzt hub, molex and the cable pictured below on the way a friend had a spare. So I have the node and hub bought separate. Hopefully I can get it all in and not have to purchase anything else Sunday.

[CUT]

That's it... you have the right pieces, now it's just up to you to make the right connections. :biggrin:

Baio

Hey Zotty, and everyone else! hope someone can help me

I'm mids in upgrading my cabinet, either i'll get the 500D SE and replace the LL with QL, and all another QL in the back, and a Hydro 115i rgb on the top (replacing the SP with QL)

Or i buy Lian li O11 Dynamic XL, now here is my question if i prompt to buy the Lian Li,

I'd be getting iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT and replacing the fans with QL x 3

i'd buy 4 more QL, 3 for the "front" area and 1 for the back, now here is where it gets confusing for me, on the 500D case there is a "pro commander" hub, but with the 3 packs of QL i can a small hub, will this small hub be enough for me in the Lian li case, or do i need to buy something separately too? i get the hub that's included fits 6 fans, but i would in this case have 7, i might even go for 10 and add 3 in the bottom, so i just need to know exactly what i should buy for all the rgb fans to work correctly with the software

Thanks in advance.

The Lighting Node Core that comes with the 3-packs of QL fans is a single lighting channel and fan hub in one.

The 500D SE will come with a Commander Pro, and RGB Fan LED Hub and 3 LL fans. You can use the same hub with 6 QL Fans on the Commander Pro.

If you need more QLs, you can connect the LNC to the CoPro's USB ports or purchase (separately) another RGB Fan LED Hub and put it on the CoPro as well for a total of 12 QL fans controlled by the CoPro. A Fan Hub splitter cable will actually let you put both Fan Hubs on a single RGB Channel.

What the CoPro does that the Lighting Node Core doesn't do is control the fan speeds. It also has temp sensors that are perfect for a control source for your fan curves.

The Lighting Node Core that comes with the 3-packs of QL fans is a single lighting channel and fan hub in one.

The 500D SE will come with a Commander Pro, and RGB Fan LED Hub and 3 LL fans. You can use the same hub with 6 QL Fans on the Commander Pro.

If you need more QLs, you can connect the LNC to the CoPro's USB ports or purchase (separately) another RGB Fan LED Hub and put it on the CoPro as well for a total of 12 QL fans controlled by the CoPro. A Fan Hub splitter cable will actually let you put both Fan Hubs on a single RGB Channel.

What the CoPro does that the Lighting Node Core doesn't do is control the fan speeds. It also has temp sensors that are perfect for a control source for your fan curves.

Okay lets say i obt out and decide to buy the lian li XL

I want 3 fans in the side, 3 on top with a rad (ill replace the ones on 150i) and 3 in the bottom

What do i need to buy exactly, i mean i'll buy 3 x 3 QL packs, since they are cheaper to buy bulk in my country, but what else do i need to make it all work in harmony and with or without speeds and temps etc.

Okay lets say i obt out and decide to buy the Lian Li XL

I want 3 fans in the side, 3 on top with a rad (ill replace the ones on 150i) and 3 in the bottom

What do i need to buy exactly, i mean i'll buy 3 x 3 QL packs, since they are cheaper to buy bulk in my country, but what else do i need to make it all work in harmony and with or without speeds and temps etc.

Hi man,

I have the LianLi case (superb) and I am currently running 9 LL fans along with a H150i Pro (not the XT version, but does not change anything). So it's 12 fans in total.

image0.jpg

To run this configuration I picked up 1 CoPro, 2 3-fan packs, 3 spare fans and 3 Noctua NA-SYC1. The Noctua are double splitters for fan's RPM cable and will allow you to connect 9 fans to the CoPro for RPM management.

Remember that Corsair states the maximum number of fans for the CoPro is 9, with 10 you could experience problems... so I decided not to install the rear one.

In every 3-fan packs you'll find a Lightning Node Pro and a RBG Hub; the first is useless as the CoPro works better, the second is what you need for RGB control. And as it supports 6 fans, you'll need 2.

The space in the 'hidden' part of the case is not so much, but with a good cable routing you can do it:

IMG-0104.jpg

This is a partial photo, it lacks the PSU cables and the USB internal Hub, it's just to give you an idea of the whole thing.

If you have questions... I'm here! :D:

Baio

Hi man,

I have the LianLi case (superb) and I am currently running 9 LL fans along with a H150i Pro (not the XT version, but does not change anything). So it's 12 fans in total.

image0.jpg

To run this configuration I picked up 1 CoPro, 2 3-fan packs, 3 spare fans and 3 Noctua NA-SYC1. The Noctua are double splitters for fan's RPM cable and will allow you to connect 9 fans to the CoPro for RPM management.

Remember that Corsair states the maximum number of fans for the CoPro is 9, with 10 you could experience problems... so I decided not to install the rear one.

In every 3-fan packs you'll find a Lightning Node Pro and a RBG Hub; the first is useless as the CoPro works better, the second is what you need for RGB control. And as it supports 6 fans, you'll need 2.

The space in the 'hidden' part of the case is not so much, but with a good cable routing you can do it:

IMG-0104.jpg

This is a partial photo, it lacks the PSU cables and the USB internal Hub, it's just to give you an idea of the whole thing.

If you have questions... I'm here! :D:

Baio

Oh that looks dope!

but is the splitter needed? cause if i do like you, mount my h150i with the noe rgb fans to the back, and add 3 rgb on the otherside couldn't i just connect the 3 fans on the rad to pwr on the motherboard? since their main job would just to cool the rad, which would be cooled from two sides? or am i wrong ?

so I'm pretty bummed. I either have a defective fan or I'm doing something wrong. I added headers, changed my psu, had to ditch my cd-drive and now fans 1 and 2 are running and looking great. Fans 1, 2, 3 are occupying slots 1, 2, 3 on the fan controller and plugged into the led socket 1 on lighting node pro. I've either got something not set right in icue or this fan specifically is busted.

Can anyone think what the issue could be or things for me to check before i send back for a replacement?

89843571_2507559472800819_6263694143147474944_n.jpg.c029d4805f8ccab82264f288803e823c.jpg