Corsair Community

CUE does not start

Hello,

I am trying to run the CUE software on my computer but when I try to start it all I get is the the CUE icon in the tray on the bottom right but then disappears. No crash logs or anything.

After seeing Corsairs website and customer service I am surprised they are taken serious as a company, utter crap.

I am trying to run CUE 1.5.108. I have the K70 RGB Keyboard.

System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard ASRock Z87 Extreme6

Memory 16Gb G.Skilll 2133

Unfortunately corsair do seem to have more than their fair share of problems, and should have really tested (or got BETTER testers) their software and HARDWARE(that is now known not to upto the job) better. I presume you have tried to double click the corsair cue icon in the tray. Also try quitting cue and restarting it as many have found cue not picking up their keyboards when cue is set to auto start. Is this a new keyboard If so it might need a firmware update but corsair have themselves in a bit of a pickle yet again for new customers that receive a new keyboard that still has the old firmware as the new cue won't speak to the keyboard with the old firmware. So it's a real mess where yo u have install an old cue, update your keyboards firmware, then you can install the new cue. And yes what an utter mess they've gotten themselves into.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I've had the same problem for around 3 weeks now. I tried downgrading CUE, with no luck. So I'm sitting here with two RGB devices, both with the default lighting profile :(

Software problems are always hard to catch as most tend to be system specific. Check your error logs to see if the software is crashing. Do you also have full admin privileges?

• 5 weeks later...

A month and a half later I have not been able to fix the problem. I tried clearing the registers and tracking the software's actions with process monitor. I have yet to find a single crash log.

Surprisingly enough I got it to work for about 3 days before it randomly decided to stop again. Customer Service had nothing new to offer other than to reset my computer and to make sure the keyboard was plugged in.

Archived