Corsair Community

H150 Pro

no1yak70

Rather disapionted with the 150, cant run my 9907K @5 Ghz due to temps hitting 90 plus degrees.Have removed the stock paste and used Thermal Grisly but still getting temps of 95c. Thinking of returning it for a full refund and going back to my Noctua 14S. Which gave me slightly lower temps. Edited by no1yak70

The H150's 360 radiator should be sufficient to cool that CPU adequately at 5GHz, provided more powerful fans are used. The fans that are provided are lower power ML fans that run at 1600 RPM max, and do a fantastic job of remaining quiet even at max RPM. The cost of running more quietly is slower fanspeed. Faster fans are needed to transfer enough heat from the rad to the air at 5Ghz.

I had the thermal grizzly paste trying to cool my 9900K it would hit nearly 90c on the cores after changing it to MX4 Thermal Paste i don't see my cores hit more than 60c when gaming and hitting less then 72c when rendering 4k. Thermal grizzly is good at cooling GPU's I've noticed but to cool a CPU i find the MX4 the best. It's a trial and error i noticed some people can get better temps trying out different thermal paste. I had to reapply my thermal paste due to the corsair stock one drying out rapidly out the box.

No TIM material makes a 10-15C difference, so it is more likely you didn’t have good contact on the first attempt. That is also something the OP needs to examine. If you initiate stress test X and your CPU temp is 90C instantly, it isn’t a cooler issue. That is voltage and conductivity. A bad or over-matched cooler will start if ok, but then continually warm as the coolant temp rises elevating the baseline cpu temperature. There isn’t enough information in the first post to know what is happening. For all we know the OP is running Prime95 on Auto voltage and everything is perfectly normal — for 1.40v anyway.

No TIM material makes a 10-15C difference, so it is more likely you didn’t have good contact on the first attempt. That is also something the OP needs to examine. If you initiate stress test X and your CPU temp is 90C instantly, it isn’t a cooler issue. That is voltage and conductivity. A bad or over-matched cooler will start if ok, but then continually warm as the coolant temp rises elevating the baseline cpu temperature. There isn’t enough information in the first post to know what is happening. For all we know the OP is running Prime95 on Auto voltage and everything is perfectly normal — for 1.40v anyway.

That's what I'm thinking cause all we know different brand motherboards use different CPU voltage's my 9900K is running stock which is running voltage at 1.26v higher the voltage = more heat so yeah we don't know what voltage he's using. With thermal grizzly kryonaut no matter how many times i applied it didn't make one bit of difference tried spreading it the pea method as mx4 and always reached a high temp. Maybe i had a duff one but i will be sticking to what works best for me. Don't get me wrong idle temps were good on the thermal grizzly i had 26c but soon as i rendered a video it would hit 85c on all cores and climbing soon i changed it over to mx4 i had idle temps at 28c but 73c on all cores and would drop not stay there so don't know what is happening but i do know i will just stick with MX4 for CPU and thermal grizzly for GPU since direct die to the heat sink of the GPU MX4 didn't do a great job at cooling my GPU compared to CPU.

Edited by nfxcr3w

I can say with a high degree of certainty that any good thermal compound will produce similar results. There should not be a huge variance in temperature. The differences in thermal performance for any high end thermal compounds is 1 to 3C. As c-attack stated, a drastic thermal difference is related to something else, not the thermal compound itself. Both Mx4 and Thermal Grizzly are high-end compounds, and both work with similar results. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut works well with liquid coolers and also extreme cooling solutions (like LN2). I don't remember if MX4 works with LN2, but I would not be surprised if it did. Basically, if one is using one of those then that possibility can be eliminated.

When the CPU is put under a load, does the cooler's liquid temp increase, or remain relatively constant? Also what is the setting of the pump and fans? Both of those are extremely important.