Corsair Community

ICUE CPU usage

elric75

I've been having a pretty serious issue regarding iCUE CPU usage as well.

Every time I run iCUE I get up to 30% CPU, minimized, or up to 40% with the window open, no dashboard. (on a i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz)

I've been going crazy trying to figure out what the issue is: repairing the install, uninstalling/reinstalling, installing a few previous versions back to 3.18.XX (currently running 3.28.70) I even installed fresh and plugged my peripherals in one at a time and each one added 5-7% CPU (List below), I even restored my PC to a restore point from a couple weeks ago, thinking maybe a new game/driver was causing an issue.

All iCUE connections:

K70 RGB Rapidfire

Glaive RGB

Void Pro Wireless

H150i Pro powering 3 SP120 (I think) fans

Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8GB 3000MHz (full SW control disabled)

Commander Pro controlling 3 HD120 RGB+Power and 3 LL120 power Only

Spec Omega RGB w/ LNP for case and 3 LL120 fans RGB only

At this point I'm lost and don't know what to do, I know it wasn't like this a couple updates ago. I've resigned to just not running iCUE and get <1% usage from Corsair.Service (32 bit)

(Was also having an issue where the Glaive side buttons weren't working in games, seems to have gone away for now, not sure if it's hardware related. This would be the second RMA for the mouse...)

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I've also noticed spikes up to 50% CPU when simply moving the mouse around, only thing open is iCUE.

Edited by whirlpooll

I've been having a pretty serious issue regarding iCUE CPU usage as well.

Every time I run iCUE I get up to 30% CPU, minimized, or up to 40% with the window open, no dashboard. (on a i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz)

I've been going crazy trying to figure out what the issue is: repairing the install, uninstalling/reinstalling, installing a few previous versions back to 3.18.XX (currently running 3.28.70) I even installed fresh and plugged my peripherals in one at a time and each one added 5-7% CPU (List below), I even restored my PC to a restore point from a couple weeks ago, thinking maybe a new game/driver was causing an issue.

All iCUE connections:

K70 RGB Rapidfire

Glaive RGB

Void Pro Wireless

H150i Pro powering 3 SP120 (I think) fans

Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8GB 3000MHz (full SW control disabled)

Commander Pro controlling 3 HD120 RGB+Power and 3 LL120 power Only

Spec Omega RGB w/ LNP for case and 3 LL120 fans RGB only

At this point I'm lost and don't know what to do, I know it wasn't like this a couple updates ago. I've resigned to just not running iCUE and get <1% usage from Corsair.Service (32 bit)

(Was also having an issue where the Glaive side buttons weren't working in games, seems to have gone away for now, not sure if it's hardware related. This would be the second RMA for the mouse...)

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I've also noticed spikes up to 50% CPU when simply moving the mouse around, only thing open is iCUE.

What version are you running? Earlier versions of iCUE used a lot of CPU if Full Software Control was enabled for the RAM.

What version are you running? Earlier versions of iCUE used a lot of CPU if Full Software Control was enabled for the RAM.

Currently running the latest 3.28.70, will try 3.24.52 as it might be one of the ones I had before this started.

Full SW control is disabled for the RAM.