Corsair Community

X256 disappeared, Data recovery possible?

lonertic

they disappeared from Windows and BIOS can see it.. but then when it couldn't boot past BIOS, and I Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot, BIOS doesn't see it either. If I unplug power (either to PSU or the drive) then reboot, BIOS sees it again, but still can't boot into OS..

• Corsair Employee

I would try and move it to another system and see if you can get the data from it then use Parted Magic and secure erase it.

If that does not work we can try and replace the drive, use the link on the left to request an RMA.

hi everyone, thanks for all your help... my biggest hurdle was that I can't get the drive recognised whilst inside a working OS... and if it was plugged into the computer's SATA controller at the same time, for some reason this prevented the primary HDD from booting up either...

in order to get over the hurdle I just went nuts and tried every SATA/USB enclosure I could find in the house and at the office and EVENTUALLY I found one from one of those WD portable drives (the ones sold with a HDD in it and you're not supposed to take it apart? :D:) and THAT worked...

here's my more lengthy post (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=457739&postcount=171) on the steps I've taken for future forum searchers! good luck all... and again, thanks heaps you guys, u've been great.

Archived