Corsair Community

800D dual loop setup?

ramana

What would be the ideal way to mount a dual loop in the 800D? Would it be possible to stack two 120.3 radiators on top of each other at the top of the case? I don't think there will be any room at the bottom for a radiator but I could be wrong... Any ideas?

What would be the ideal way to mount a dual loop in the 800D? Would it be possible to stack two 120.3 radiators on top of each other at the top of the case? I don't think there will be any room at the bottom for a radiator but I could be wrong... Any ideas?

Can I ask WHY you would need this kind of setup? :confused:

I am also wondering if a radiator will fit in the bottom of the 800D. I was looking at trying to remove the lower hard drive tray for a small radiator placement in the bottom. As for a reason, well, I am running the Classified Mobo with the EK NB/SB full waterblock, 3 Vid Cards (eventually 4 with Physx), and the H30 RAM cooler. I am also installing the H50 but depending on the temps from OC, I may have to switch to a different CPU waterblock. I think that is a bit much for a single Feser 360 but I am fairly new to W/C so I could be wrong. I know this is likely overkill, but I play several accounts of my game on one computer, essentially 3 boxing on one computer so I wanted it to run as cool as I can while maintaining high Graphics quality. Plus, I have the money for it to spend finally :) and this is my dream build. Please don't crush my dreams :)

Because a single loop isn't enough to handle a OC'd i7 with SLI. One loop for CPU/Northbridge, one loop for GPU's.

Have u done any research about your claim of not enough cooling power with one 120.3 radiator????

I am cooling te following parts of my clasified:

-CPU

-GPU

-Mozfet

-N/S Bridge

-Raid card controller

and my temps are looking good, the only thing is that i have a 120.3 with a 120.1 in the back of the case just before the gpu and raid card.

You shuuld be able to mount a 240 Rad on the bottom with some basic modification. It will involve removing the bottom hard drive cage (popping out a few rivets).

I plan on doing this myself. 120.3 on top for CPU & Chipset, 240 on bottom for 2 GPUs in SLI. I will be sure and post some pictures once I am done. The case should be here on Thursday. Check out this post to get an idea of what I will be doing. The case pictured is not the 800D, but you will get the idea.

240 Rad on Bottom

Because a single loop isn't enough to handle a OC'd i7 with SLI. One loop for CPU/Northbridge, one loop for GPU's.

Can you post specifics. E.g. the heat given off by each component like the CPU or Northbridge, and the cooling capacity of the 120.3 radiator.

Also, since I'm a w/c noob,:sigh!: if you have two loops, does that mean two pumps and two resevoirs, or can one pump and resevoir handle both loops? :confused:

Thanks.

If you are going to put a 240 in the bottom, I am assuming you will be cutting holes in the bottom. Are you going to put the fans as intakes or exhaust? I am planning on the same type of setup but I am a litte worried about case pressure. I was planning on having my fans exhaust the air to the bottom but was worried about the intake fan pulling the hot air right back into the case.

Archived