Corsair Community

Need previous firmware for M65 RGB Pro

Yuhfhrh

I shouldn't have done it, but I did. After updating to firmware version 2.0.4, I can no longer save profile's to the mouse memory. CUE 1.16.42 resets the mouse to default after saving a profile to device memory, and the CUE beta only seems to be able to save lighting colors.

Firmware 2.0.2 worked just fine, all DPI settings were able to be saved to device memory. I can't seem to find this firmware file anywhere.

Firmware should not impact DPI settings. Let me look into this. Can you tell me what values you use via PM?

I have two of these mice, one that's still on the earlier firmware so I can definitely confirm it's the new firmware causing the issue.

On CUE 1.16.42, no matter what DPI or lighting settings are attempted to be saved to the device memory, the mouse reverts to factory defaults after CUE is closed. On the previous firmware, the mouse would continue to use lighting and DPI settings saved to the device memory. On CUE beta lighting settings are saved to the device successfully, but DPI settings are not.

I haven't had a response to my ticket yet, so no luck on getting the older firmware yet. Found somebody else with the same experience here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4v6gmt/corsair_k70_lux_red_leds_and_m65_pro_rgb_wont/

Here are the DPI settings I am using at the moment:

http://i.imgur.com/3HyYkc1.png

Try this beta FW: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=26293&d=1471986283

It should resolve your issue. Let me know.

I've found another issue with this update. Whilst it did fix the saving to device issue, every time i boot up my pc now, CUE says my mouse has "malfunctioned" and i have to re-install this firmware for it to work again :(

try updating the firmware with the CUE 2.3.73 beta build

The beta build put me back to square one. The malfunction still happens with the test drivers, and it no longer remembers my DPI settings again :( The older CUE version with the test driver would still remember my DPI's, but would only report the malfunction, which seems to happen at any time where the CUE software is restarted, whether its from a full PC restart, logging out and back in again, or simply closing and reopening the program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Four months and was perfectly happy with it as it was out of the box.

I wanted to change one light on the DPI so installed (upgraded as prompted) to 2.x.

Firmware was available so thinking upgrade means fixes and more functionality I did it. It was a terrible idea. I've in fact lost functionality, and mainly the reason I bought this. I just use white lighting and perfectly happy with that.

Reverted CUE 2.x to 1.16 CUE "saving profile to device" was once agian a menu option, ran it, closed CUE, stupid default profile now active. Its a firmware issue.

Bought this so I could take and use it anywhere. Given up with it and now using an awful roller ball Dell mouse at work. I miss the sniper button set to how I want it for apps like Photoshop and my ability to move up one DPI setting. These DPIs don't even seem cto have any logical order.

Why force users to have the utility running when it's clearly unnecessary. I'm already forced to have Corsair LINK for my radiator so this on top (why isn't is all in the same program???) is extra clutter I don't want, more boot time in windows as a result as well. I feel your pain as I want to go back too.

[insert sad face]

EDIT: oh and finally now everytime i boot the PC the mouse doesn't work at all until I unplug it from the USB and plug it back in. (win10)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to start this up again.. But recently updated the firmware of my M65 RGB Pro to 2.06 and now the mouse just flashes white. If I unplug my mouse and plug it back in the mouse lights are white and it ask to to do a firmware update to 2.06. So, I do it and the mouse lights turn off and the mouse isn't working. If I go into device manager it tell me the mouse can not start and has malfunctioned. Help.

EDIT - Ok, so after forcing a update via CUE1 not CUE2 and doing a restart the mouse decided to work/function like it used to. I am confused.. Thank you for those files though.

Archived