Corsair Community

Twin2x2048-6400c4 g abit an-m2hd

JonnyAlpha

Hi;

Just bought some corsair memory from a shop in London, told them my mobo was an Abit AN-M2HD and showed them the memory I already had (TWIN2X1024A-6400 G, they sold me a pack of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 G.

I did a model check on the corsair web site and the memory listed against my mobo here:

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=545408

And it lists TWIN2X2048-6400C4 without the G on the end, is my new memory compatible as i have seen on the net that the G just means lead free?

As this memory is 2.1v may I also assume that it will not work with my existing memory which according to CPU ID is 1.8v. If so I'll remove the 2x 512MB and replace it with 2x1024MB and sell it on E Bay?

I had some trouble with my Abit when I first built my system as it screwed up one of the DIMM bank memory timings (a known issue) so I had to go into BIOS and set them manually.

Presumably I'll have to do the same with this memory and after I've installed it boot straight into BIOS and check/set the settings or will the mobo automatically recognise this memory and set the voltage to 2.1v?

Many thanks. :confused:

Hi;

And it lists TWIN2X2048-6400C4 without the G on the end, is my new memory compatible as i have seen on the net that the G just means lead free?

QUOTE]

Yes, thats correct.

As this memory is 2.1v may I also assume that it will not work with my existing memory which according to CPU ID is 1.8v. If so I'll remove the 2x 512MB and replace it with 2x1024MB and sell it on E Bay?

Not neccesairly, the 1Gig kist can support up to 2.1 volt too. They other issue you will most likely will encounter is the fact, that the memory controller can't keep up with 4 modules at the same time.

quite often this can be resolved by lowering the speed to the next bin. In other words, try a speed of 667 instead of 800.

You wll also need to increase the northbridge voltage with +/- 1.5 volt, if you attempt to run with 4 modules.

(and set the dram voltage to 2.1 volt)

Always test these types of configurations with memtest first, to ensure dram stability.

I had some trouble with my Abit when I first built my system as it screwed up one of the DIMM bank memory timings (a known issue) so I had to go into BIOS and set them manually.

This is quite common with Cas 4 modules, you will need to enter the timings manually.

Presumably I'll have to do the same with this memory and after I've installed it boot straight into BIOS and check/set the settings to 2.1v?

yes :D:

Archived