Corsair Community

Abit f-i90HD & Crosshair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX

cdx873v

This is a new post continuing the disscussion from

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

as it was getting of topic.

My problem is i keep getting BSOD at random times in Windows Vista 32bit. i also ran memtest86+ for 25h with loads of errors.

Im susspecting it has something to do with the built in graphics card as its using my RAM as its own for graphics. But then again.. i havn't found any other reports of it not working as it is a popular mb for htpc builders.

Alright, this is better. Hopefully your individual problem will get a little more attention here since it's filed separately.

The reason I suggested running an instance of Memtest with each module individually is because it will limit the number of causes of your problem. For example, if you run Memtest with one module and get no errors...then run it again with the other module and get errors, you will know that either A) one of the specific modules is faulty and needs to be replaced, or B) your motherboard's memory controller is faulty, or C) your operating system is not capable of handling the amount of RAM installed (because having one module installed reduces the amount of memory by 50% given that both modules are of the same size, which in your case they are).

So once you run those tests, here is something else to check:

There may be an option in your BIOS called something like "Memory Hole Remapping" which may have a positive effect on your problem. It is intended for use when you have greater than 2GB RAM installed, so that the portion of RAM used for all onboard devices (including your X700) is mapped properly within system memory. If you can find the option, enable it and see if you notice a difference in system performance. However, bear in mind that if the problem is hardware-related (faulty RAM/Mobo etc.) then this will have little to no change.

I wasn't aware of the need to remove any patches prior to installing the Vista patch, and mine installed properly without having to remove one. Perhaps that is something related specifically to 32-bit Vista (I'm running x64). Let us know how you make out.

-Dom

Hi guys!

I ran memtest86+ with seperate modules for 26h and one of the modules gave me errors all over the screen. the other came out fine. so i called the place where i bought it and the guy on the other end told me that this was not a problem wich never occur.

in fact. it happens all the time. wich ever memory brand you buy.

so i got a RMA for it. but untill they send me posting instructions and all the stuff i need, im running one 2 gb module and its been stable for days! not one game crash or anything.

on thing that botters me though is a issue i noticed when i was googling for solutions.. it seems that my MB dosn't have some kind of "PCI REMAP" setting. wich means that my PCI-X card gets to share my system ram for graphics. i don't need that! i just ordered a gf8800 gtx oc with 768mb of onboard ram, so i doubt it will need my sys ram!

As for the BIOS settings.

my cpu is set with default settings. the ram was also default (AUTO) but i changed it to manual with the settings that was printed on the package and on this (among others) site. same as default but i read here in the forums that it should be set to manual.

Thanks for all your help so far guys! espessialy you DomG! :D:

• Corsair Employee
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Thanks a bunch RAM GUY. but my reseller is taking them in for RMA. i got 2 years warranty by law. i live in Sweden you know, hehe. they told me im gonna get new ones next week! i can't wait! plus i don't have to pay shiping or anything.

Vista got a bit slower when i switched to only 2 gb, hehe :bigeyes:

Archived