Corsair Community

Ryzen 3700 + Corsair 4.32 Success

Ragnarok1983

Hello all,

Just want to share my recent horror experiences with Corsair Vengeance and subsequent success.

I upgraded to a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi, 3700X and 4x8GB sticks of Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Rev. 4.32, which is on the QVL.

Being a lazy Intel user, I set everything on XMP and expected it to work. However, 1 pair would memtest okay, the other would fail 10 mins into the test. Thinking this is a faulty memory, I RMAed it for CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 - Vengeance Pro RGB Rev 4.32.

This also failed memtest straight away and doubts began to creep in over Corsair's QA and surely I was not unlucky twice.

After checking a couple of guides, I decided to give manual settings a try. Using Dram calc 1.62 and inputting safe settings into bios, it worked first go and memtested stable for 6 hours.

It's been at least 12 years since I had an AMD rig, certainly more mucking around (i.e. expecting set XMP and forget), but has been fun.

https://imgur.com/JwgOyWp

• Confused 1

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting, your story's very useful.

I was just wondering if, with additional updates, you've seen additional stability (e.g longer stable memtest times). Have you also been able to OC this to 3600MHz? I've bought this RAM model recently and am thinking about returning it.

DDR4-3600 should be possible if your setup can handle it. If have tested modules based on the same type of DRAM IC (Samsung 8Gbit C-Die) up to DDR4-4133 and others managed to reach 3800/1900 on X570. You just have to be careful with voltage, since they thend to have low voltage tolerance and their scaling to a large part is based upon timings.

Infos: https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/samsung-8gbit-ddr4-c-die-k4a8g085wc-oc-ergebnisse-im-startbeitrag-updated.1198323/

What factors/parts should determine whether or not my system can handle 3600 ? Just the motherboard and its VRM?

Edit: also, should my RAM being (not) on the QVL affect its overclocking ability?

Edited by Crepuscule

• 1 month later...

the values are not those from the xmp profile of the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 v 4.32. i tried it. I got the same values as u if I didn't import the report file from Thaiphoon Burner but used R-XMP button from the Dram Calc v 1.6.2. if it works then everything is great. but if you get stuck at the oc keep in mind you have alternative settings with which you can work :cool:

ver 4.32