Corsair Community

H115i: Corsair Link - Guidance - Detect Cooling Unit

mmjlow

I have the Corsair H115i Cooling system, connected to the following platform:

• ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
    AMD 1950X CPU
    Corsair 64GB DDR4

The issue is that the Corsair Link (v4.9.7.35) just downloaded, does not identify the connected cooler.

Reading through long past threads, there appears to be a driver that is needed, though none of the threads were explicit enough to point me in the right direction.

Any guidance in providing me the ability to identify and configure the connected devices w/in Link is greatly appreciated.

I am a first time user for this cooler (H115i) so have limited knowledge as to expectations specific to control and monitoring.

Thank you for your help!

Jim

If as I guess you connected in the right way, including USB port on the pump unit , then all you need is installing Corsair Link - it has the driver to communicate via USB

Thank you. I suspected that this was the case, which leaves only a lose or disconnected connection to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard.

Though unlikely, that is possible. Hopefully the BIOS is configured correctly to recognize it.

Again, I appreciate your guidance and I'll advise as soon as it is possible to confirm the connections.

Jim

Make sure that USB Legacy Support and XHCI Handoff are both enabled in the BIOS.

From there, you can use USBDeView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) to see if Windows "sees" the device. Look for a device with Vendor ID 1b1c and Product ID 0c0a (for original H115i) or 0c13 (for the H115i Pro).

If not, you can use a standard USB cable to connect the cooler to a USB port on the back of your motherboard. This also allows you to easily connect/disconnect the port.

Archived