Corsair Community

Windows 8

CorerMaximus

Hello everyone, I had a small request for Corsair. Would it be possible for Corsair to post an updated tutorial on optimizing SSD life for Windows 8 and anything special which can be done on Windows 8 for the same. They did a great job on the guide for Windows 7 [disabling Superfetch, defrag, enabling TRIM, etc.], but I was hoping if they could do an updated one for Windows 8. Thanks :)

I have the Force 3 240GB model so anything partricular for that SSD would be great! :D

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but Windows 8 is supposed to support SSD's and as such should not need any special care just like with Windows 7. And with Windows 7 I have not had to take any special steps to install the O.S. on the few cases I have seen with Windows 8 issues it has been traced back to a BIOS and or driver issue. So there is no need at this time but as it matures we will be continually looking at this and post as needed any tips tricks or updates.

Windows 7 SP1 (installed from that ISO as SP1 not updated) will not disable Superfetch because that is the one of major advancements in Vista/Win7/8.

Caching files to otherwise unused wasted memory which is far faster than any SSD will be for now and near future.

It reads from HDD to RAM so does not wear a SSD.

Another one of the many BS SDD myths TBH.

Archived